UGC thumbnail issue

Reproduction Steps

Today I had a little problem with the UGC thumbnail that was posted. And the problem was a very high zoom and the virtual item looks like it was split in half, and I didn’t like how the object turned out.

Expected Behavior

I would like to correct the movement of the object a little further behind the thumbnail and see it as a complete item without being pierced by the thumbnail.

Actual Behavior

As I show you this image,

I left it so that it looks good but when it is already on the page it looks broken

and that is why I need your help.
Link item: thumbnail broke - Roblox

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Low
Frequency: Very Rarely

2 Likes

This specific issue has been present since UGC’s launch and has continually been brought up, but Roblox still has not added a setting to configure the thumbnail of an item. There is an abundance of items with broken thumbnails that just sit and rot because there is no option to alter the thumbnail or any other part of the item after its creation. However, at the end of the day, a missing feature like this is something Roblox just doesn’t care about.

1 Like

This issue should be fixed now! The problem was that studio had a closer near clipping plane than the thumbnailer so the preview shown in studio did not accurately reflect the clipping that would happen when the thumbnail was created. We have changed the thumbnailer near clipping plane to match studio so any new thumbnails should not have this issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.