UI Bug: UI Objects don't scale properly when parent is invisible and window is resized. (Only happens if all the objects sizes are using scale)

This issue has been fixed in the new update. (Version 0.508.0.5080185)

AbsoluteSize stays the same when the TextLabels parent is made visible after resizing the window.
The size properties of both the red text labels are identical though they appear different afterwards due to varying AbsoluteSizes.
This bug happens in studio and in-game.

Expected Behavior
The AbsoulteSize is adjusted to the correct size after the ancestors Visible property is changed.

Actual Behavior
The AbsoluteSize stays the same when resizing the window before making the childs ancestor visible.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: ScreenGui
Impact: Small

Date First Experienced: 2021-05-10 03:11:00 or earlier.
Date Last Experienced: 2021-12-04 08:45:00

Reproduction Steps:

1. Insert a base frame inside a ScreenGui.
  2. Insert a frame inside of the base frame.
  3. Make sure all the objects are using scale instead of offset because this only happens when they are using scale.
  4. Set the visible property on the base frame to false.
  5. Resize the game window.
  6. Set the visible property on the base frame to true.

You can use the Simple.rbxm repro file below and start from step 4.

Simplified ScreenGui for Reproduction:
SimpleRepro.rbxm (2.1 KB)

ScreenGui used in video:
Bug.rbxm (4.2 KB)

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Hi,
The best way to fix this is to use a UIAspectRatioConstraint | Roblox Creator Documentation. They only have to be placed under the main frame and they can be configured based on different frame sizes.

Fixed version for reference:
FixedScaling.rbxm (2.5 KB)

Demo:

As you can see, the left frame has a UIAspectRatioConstraint | Roblox Creator Documentation whereas the right frame is the one you sent.

1 Like

I tested it and it still happens. UIAspectRatioConstraint kind of ruins the UI I’m using so I can’t really use this workaround since it does work to an extent.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.