UI buttons broken across multiple platforms on Jailbreak due to recent flag change

For some reason, some UI buttons are just not taking input. I haven’t yet been able to diagnose what might be consistent between them, but it does consistently seem to be the same buttons. But we are confident it’s due to a recent flag change.

The following flag FFlagInteractableStateForGuiObjects3 was enabled around the exact time we began getting reports, and I am hearing reports of people disabling the flag on their client and having things work again.

7 Likes

Hi @badcc , thanks for reporting the issue! Could you please provide some repro files for us to do a further investigation? Thank you.

2 Likes

Just a quick update on the issue, our team has reverted changes and have resolved the issue.

8 Likes

Great, the issue has indeed resolved! Thanks for the quick action.

As far as repro… I was unable to figure out what was consistent between which buttons were working and which were not. And since flag is disabled, I am unable to test…

However, here’s the a quick copy of some UI that I experienced being broken in the game. Clicking between PASSES and CASH did not work while the flag was enabled.

I don’t know if the following repro will work, but I recreated the simple few lines of code that uses MouseButton1Down here. Stick this in StarterGui, turn on the flag, and see if you experience it.

CashGui.rbxm (22.4 KB)

I suppose it’s also possible something ELSE was happening like… THEORETICALLY (no idea) maybe some other invisible gui in Jailbreak for some reason was covering up buttons, and so this repro won’t work as intended? Not sure. But try it out. This code snippet/setup seems too simple to be repro-able though, we’ll see.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the file, we are investigating the root cause.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.