UI Constraints don't take into account DropShadow padding

There’s a style of Frame called DropShadow which has inherent padding. For instance, here is a GUIObject parented to a DropShadow style Frame at Position=UDim2(0,0,0,0) and with Size=UDim2(1,0,0,35):

Despite having a horizontal scale of 1 and being positioned in the top-left corner, it’s offset a little because of the Frame’s padding. However, when a UI constraint determines the size/position of an element, it doesn’t take this padding into account. Here is the same frame when positioned by a UIListLayout:

I’ve put the bug into the database, it’s probably an easy fix but it’s pretty low priority.

1 Like

Upon further testing, it seems this bug may extend past UI constraints. Without any UI Constraints, Insert two or more items into a DropShadow Frame and delete one of them – the other items will update their positions to ignore padding.

I noticed this today while using the UIPageLayout constraint. :octopus:

This bug appears to have been fixed. I think I fixed it while working on UIPadding, as I can no longer reproduce any issues using constraints in DropShadow Frames.

1 Like

Yes, this appears to be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.