Ui Corners and Borders

I would have posted a feature request, but I don’t have access to post in that category, so this is the next best thing.

Is there already a way to add borders to my guis while they also have Ui corners? If so please let me know.

If not, people at Roblox, please please PLEASE add one.
It’s a daily struggle designing a my gui, since I have to choose between them. It’s a huge creativity limiter. This would be an immensely helpful feature. Thank you

4 Likes

if you add UI stroke with rounded style it will work

1 Like

I’m trying, but it’s not working. Can you give more details?

There is a way it should be
gui
frame
ui corners
then press the plus for frame and add ui border or ui stroke

1 Like

ui corners and ui borders are incompatible with each other i dont know about uistrokes

If you parent a UICorner & a UIStroke component to an element it will allow you to create rounded corners.

Set up:

Result:

EDIT: I should mention that if you want to apply a border to a TextLabel or TextButton then you should change the ApplyStrokeMode to Border if you want the stroke to border the element and not the text.

8 Likes

Someone else told me this feature is only available in studio and you have to be in the beta. Is this true?

Sorry about the late response.

Yes, unfortunately it is still in beta. I didn’t check as I’ve been using this feature in studio for a little while now.
I guess you can be excited for when it does release though.

1 Like

Please look back at the solution I gave you before.

1 Like

upload images of your ui until Roblox finally makes it easier to do things like this

what i did was just put invisible textbuttons, put no text, set the background to 0, made sure the resize went over the whole thing, and scripted what i needed to

I made a new topic because I assumed that there had to be a conventional way to do this, but apparently there wasn’t one :confused:. I didn’t really wanna do a workaround, but I know now that that’s truly the only way. Your solution is accurate, thank you.

1 Like