UI created using Offset is appearing differently on Mobile to PC

Hi there. I am currently attempting to create a custom playerlist UI, however despite setting the width of my UI to 350px in the Offset column, when I test it on Mobile it appears at double the size - 700px.

I want it to be both 350px wide on both PC and Mobile. As you can see on the screenshot, there are no UI constraints attached to any of the objects. I am testing on an iPhone XS (screensize of 1334x750) if it matters.

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening or needs extra information in order to help me, just ask and I will provide it ASAP. Thanks!

You said theres no constraints? You should try adding a UIAspectRatioConstraint to the teams. They basically force the scale of the ui to be the same on all devices (I’m pretty sure)

1 Like

It’s not actually appearing 700 px, it usually depends whether you have Fit To Window enabled on your device emulator settings, the only way tto fix this gui is through using UISizeConstraints to limit the maximum possible size of the gui, or by just using scale.

1 Like

Offset is what it does. If you don’t want to see that, remove the offset and use scale instead.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. The UIAspectRatioConstraint seems to work to my expectations - I think my confusion at the time was why it was doing this, and it’s because Roblox actually renders at a quarter of the resolution for mobile. Quite annoying but at least now I know Offset isn’t reliable - even if the pixels match up 1:1 :sweat_smile:. Thanks again!

1 Like

UIAspectRadioConstraint is a way to resize it according to the screen’s total size. It is a prudent way to do it. If the results still do not fit, try changing the offset to scale. The offset is how much it will be “off” set on the screen.