UI Editor and other built-in plugins/services not working

Hello everyone, this is most likely due to the Async Publishing & New Games In The Cloud betas. If you have these enabled, please disabled them. If you are seeing this issue while the betas are disabled, please let us know.

5 Likes

The issue still persists for me with all betas disabled. Pressing the buttons doesn’t open up anything

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me… Windows 10 is the OS I am using.

Is this after restarting Studio?

Have you tried disabling the beta features?

Yes. I restarted Studio multiple times, and disabled all beta features.

Yes, disabling betas prompted me to restart, which I did. I tried reinstalling studio, restarting pc as well

2 Likes

Still happens for me when all beta features are off. I play tested my game in studio and the UI editor works there though for some reason. Though nothing will save since it’s play test mode.

Still happens for me with all betas off

1 Like

This issue is happening to me, It is extremely annoying as it makes things like toolbox inoperable, and removes the option to open the animation editor, making it very hard to get anything done in studio.

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused it?
I have been trying to fix this problem for a few hours already and it’s getting pretty annoying.

Okay nevermind. Apparently, I’ve disabled the beta features and seems to work now.
if it still doesn’t fix to you, try checking all the boxes, restarting then unchecking them and restarting again. I hope this helps!

1 Like

I sometimes can fix this by disabling plugins and beta features, then restarting studio a few times. I can enable features as needed such as plugins and or beta features. It’s only temporary because if you restart studio again the glitch happens once again.

I’ve had this same issue but upon further investigation I’ve figured out how to fix this;

Simply go to your beta settings and disable both “Async Publish Beta” and “New Games in the cloud”.

Unsure to what causes this problem but at least its fixed.

When you open up Team Create, the toolbox window will be missing and clicking the button to reopen it does nothing. Open up place in studio, with a team create enabled.

The toolbox has been breaking a lot during the past week and now, it won’t even show up.

This happens in the live version of studio in a team create session.

1 Like

All of my local plugins disappeared, only installed ones are visible, and a majority of studio tool buttons including Terrain Editor, Collision Groups, and Toolbox are grayed out and cannot be opened. Frustrating to deal with
https://gyazo.com/1fc985a04fd6e4bde3f20ec252bbbffa

I am also unable to use the Transform tool. Clicking and CTRL+5 do not work, and in some cases it is grayed out. It appears to only be happening in places with Team Create enabled. Lots of other items on the toolbar also appear to have this issue. I do not use Beta features.
https://gyazo.com/f6df76b3acf369f75261c02ff6a8355f.mp4

1 Like

i’m having the same issue whenever in teamcreate

2 Likes

ya’ll over here with like 10 different beta features when I only have 3.

I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing Roblox Studio to see if the issue fixed, as well as disabling all the beta features. Still can’t get my toolbox or terrain editor to open.

2 Likes

This bug looks to be affecting the “Publish to roblox…” dialog as well. It won’t open for me when trying to publish any assets

This should be fixed for good this time. Can those experiencing this with the beta features off confirm?

4 Likes