UI Editor and other built-in plugins/services not working

Seems to be working for me :slight_smile: (I was having the same problem, I’ve been watching this thread and I was following all the same steps. I just didnt want to post the same thing everyone else was posting)

Yep! Things are back in order. Thank you for fixing this issue so quickly!

My plugins only show up when I have Beta enabled.

This is likely a different issue as we have had no reports since, and did not release a new version of Studio / turn on anything new this week. I would recommend filing a separate bug report with more information.

This bug seems to be happening again after the plugin marketplace has been launched. My toolbox and other services have been grayed out and when they’re not grayed out, I can’t interact with them.

@ZacBytes Do you know how to find your logs from Studio Runs? Could you send me a log from a time when this bug was happening?

We are reverting some flags to fix the problem, but at some point I really need to get these flags on: this particular set of flags seems to manifest this problem of plugins not loading, but only sporadically. Really need help tracking it down.

The issue seems to have fixed itself, maybe it happens when there’s too much traffic like when plugin marketplace is released?

Yes, as posted previously the responsible flags have been turned off, so this should no longer happen. Could you upload the log files in %localappdata%\Roblox\logs from around the time you encountered the issue so that we can make sure this is solved for good next time these flags are turned on?

1 Like

log_1A694_1.txt (16.7 KB)
I think it’s this one

It’s fixed because I reverted the flags. Thanks for sending logs.

I don’t think that was the right one. It should have a lot of lines that contain the string “PluginLoadTime”. Can you find a log from around the time when you were experiencing the error that has that string in there?

Or, do you know how to enable FFlags? We could turn the flags back on just for you, run, capture logs.

I dont know how to enable fflags

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a co-worker here at Roblox who can repro the problem, working with him to sort it out. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

This bug is happening again and I have literally no idea why. Sometimes they come on, then go off completely. Tried removing all the Studio Beta features, reinstalling and logging out/in, but to no avail. Any help???

It’s started again for me, and as i’ve said in the post above, I’ve disabled all the beta features. This time their gone for good, and they aren’t appearing when I login? Help??

EDIT: Whenever I try to re-install a plugin, this comes up, telling me that its already installed even though my plugins tab looks like this:

EDIT 2: And this via when installing via the plugin’s link on the website:

EDIT 3: And this in output:

EDIT 4: The issue seems to be an issue with my profile ONLY, as I’ve tried on my alt and they install there. Maybe the plugins on the cloud have corrupted?

EDIT: Deleted the ROBLOX folder in Documents, closed out of Studio and started it up again. It now works.

3 Likes

Hadi was able to delete the ROBLOX folder in Documents to resolve the issue, but if anyone encounters this again, zip it up & PM it to me before deleting it. We can investigate why plugins are failing to load and make sure it never happens again.

2 Likes