UI Editor: Incorrect scaling behavior on frames inside of ScrollingFrame

When using the built-in Roblox UI editor, GUI’s scale strangely when they are inside of a ScrollingFrame. This has always been an issue for me, and I just changed the size via the properties instead which seemed to work fine. This issue makes scaling GUI’s in ScrollingFrames difficult.

(I hope these videos represent the problem decently.)

You can simply reproduce this by using the UI editor, and making a frame the child of a ScrollingFrame. Then use the UI editor to scale that frame whilst it is in the ScrollingFrame.

27 Likes

Yeah I get this too, it’s quite annoying.
I hope like there will be a way to use the scale with mouse
without having to use properties to size as it would be so much easier and faster
to have it scale the same as a frame outside of a ScrollingFrame if this even makes any sense.

4 Likes

@AdxmPlayz Try making the scrollingFrame in the MainGUI, or whatever name your using. Then to add to it you can add frames inside the scrolling frame then the issue should be fixed,

This also applies to Frame objects whose OutlineType is set to Inset.

1 Like

Sorry to revive an old topic but I’m really annoyed about this. It makes my life 10x harder and I’ve been doing a lot more with ScrollingFrames/GUI. I would like to see Roblox fix this issue

1 Like

It does something similar if you take a frame with any List layouts and try to scale something in it.

That helps, but it’s really not the point here. This should be fixed

This is sort of expected behaviour (really annoying one though).

ScrollingFrames use their CanvasSize property which by default is set to (1, 0, 2, 0) to determine the size of the instances in them.

And as such when using the default CanvasSize all objects parented to a scrolling frame have their Y scale essentially doubled

1 Like

Yeah it happens to me too. My way around it at the moment is to set CanvasSize to nothing and use AutomaticCanvasSize instead.

1 Like

Hoping to see this get fixed soon. It’s been over a year.

I’ve got this issue too, coping with it is just too hard.