UI Editor and other built-in plugins/services not working

This bug happens everytime I open studio. This started happening after recently updating studio, the UI Editor just stopped appearing.

Here is a place that this happens in:

I’ve tried changing size to Scale and Offset, adding other GUI objects, editing UI in another place but the UI Editor just won’t show up.

I am running windows 10 and i7, MX150 graphics.

Other devs I know also reported the same problem of the UI Editor not appearing. This also appears to be happening for other built-in plugins like the toolbox and terrain editor.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Are there any errors in the output console?

Nope, nothing is printed in output.

I am experiencing this problem too. I am also unable to to open the Toolbox or Terrain Editor after the latest update.

I am running Windows 10 with a AMD A10-6700 and GTX 1060
(yes, it’s a bad setup I know)

4 Likes

Roblox animation plugin doesnt load at all in team create now.

2 Likes

A lot of things in studio are greyed out???
I can’t even use toolbox now…

1 Like

Doesn’t happen for me, in team create or not. It’s interesting that the 2/4/16 studs are greyed out because they’re not a plugin.

Can someone who is experiencing this post a screenshot of their Plugins tab? Actually, if someone wanted to take a screenshot of every tab that would probably be pretty helpful for engineers since random, non-plugin things are disabled.

Is it 100% reproducible? I.e. does it still happen if you reopen Studio?

1 Like

My plugins in plugins tab went missing just now, I had to go to pluginmanager and make the plugins inactive and active again to get them back, but now I don’t have animation and other plugins.

After exiting and re-entering studio, I only have the plugins that I made inactive and active again. (still no animation editor)

Maybe their cloud thing messed up.

My plugin tab is still here but it is completely empty. Even though I have a few plugins enabled.

Oh my gosh its happening to me now

3 Likes

Can you post screenshots of the entirety of all of your tabs?

1 Like

I turned on the “New games in the cloud” beta feature and this issue immediately happened to me upon opening a new template game. Turning it off again seems to have fixed the problem (judging only by the plugin tab).

2 Likes

I didn’t enable this beta feature, let me check.

2 Likes

I disabled the Async Publish Beta.

Now they are no longer greyed out, but when I click the buttons nothing happens.

Edit:
12:06:05.050 - Connecting to server...
After this appeared in output, they are now greyed out again. I think the Roblox cloud service is down.

Oh, that list of stud intervals is only enabled when the Show Grid option is enabled (@ZacBytes). It looks like only plugins are disabled, builtin or otherwise.

Able to confirm this as well.

2 Likes

Yup. It was Async Publish.
That post completely went past my vision, I didn’t notice it at all lol.

I disabled all my beta features and the buttons are no longer greyed out, but now when I click the buttons like Toolbox nothing happens.

Edit: The buttons are greyed out again after a while

same issue on my end, it also sometimes grays out

1 Like

This is how it looks for me