UI Element Selection Bug. Again (2)

There’s a selection bug with the UI again. If there is another frame behind the frame you clicked on, it selects the one behind it first.

2 Likes

I noticed this. UI selection has had so many bugs since the most recent update - thanks for reporting.

@CharlieGordonnn @nomnomhungy

2 Likes

Can you attach a repro file? I am unable to repro this.

2 Likes

Upon further investigation, this seems to have something to do with the ScreenGui DisplayOrder property. It’s behavior may have been inverted.

The repro file contains 2 ScreenGuis - one with a DisplayOrder of 0 with a background frame in it occupying the entire screen, and another with a DisplayOrder of 1 with a small button in the center of the screen. Because the DisplayOrder of GUI 2 is higher than GUI 1 and it displays on top of it, GUI 2 should be selectable over GUI 1. But when you try and select the button in the center of the screen that clearly displays, it selects the background. Both GUI objects have the same ZIndex property.

repro.rbxl (49.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the repro file! Taking a look.

3 Likes

A fix has been identified. I will follow up with this thread once it is available on production.

2 Likes

Following up on this, it seems the fix has been released. Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face: