UI feels out of place

I’m not very good at UI design, and I feel like my UI just doesn’t fit the theming of my game, any tips or ideas on how I could improve it to better fit the feel of the game? I took the screenshot in a very typical area, so you can get a feel for how it is in game.

Here’s an image with the inventory fully open:

Not like I can be talking but me personally if feels bright and basic, maybe look at some Star Wars games and there UI.

1 Like

It was based off of Jedi: Survivor, but I didn’t want to actually copy the UI, so I changed it a little maybe they had their reasons for having everything in the corners :sweat_smile:

that’s a semi realistic type game, go with shap or lery less round corners
it’s dark kinda so go with dark colours and gradients.
also the padding of inventory items is too much
use UiAspectRatioConstant

1 Like

Good tips, I think it’s looking much better now. I don’t think it’s perfect but definitely better than it was!

try to make things consistent also
(like the left right padding of inner box in squad has more padding than bottom)

1 Like

You mean like this?

ye, the padding in the red or right of the darker box is too much, make it consistent

1 Like

I see what you were talking about.

the squad frame i mean : |
chars

1 Like

The vertical padding on the scrolling frame? Like the gap at the top and the gap at the bottom aren’t the same?

Okay I think I finally understand, you mean like this?

1 Like

yep, try this design i made

(use your font i don’t have so I can’t use in my design)

1 Like

Alright, I’ll give this design a shot real quick!

1 Like

Alright, here’s what I have now:

1 Like

also what does the coloured bars at the bottom indicate?

1 Like

Big green is health, Blue is force, Red is block stamina, Grey is normal stamina

1 Like

letme see what I can try to improve that

1 Like

Really appreciate you taking your time to help me out! :grin:

i was just bored and I like designing uis, that’s why in my game you would see weekly or monthly ui refresh

white circle is the gear thing

edit : I’m low charge ima go now good luck with ui!

1 Like