UI Grid constrains making items that overlap the screen edge disappear

So I’m using a combination of UIGridLayout, and for each of the buttons I have an UIAspectRatioConstraint inside to keep them to be a perfect square. This works perfectly except for the fact that once the grid hits the edge of the screen, the frames just disappear. if there is even a pixel of overlap, the whole button disappears. This is annoying because I’m trying to use this to create a 3 column grid inside of a scrolling frame so I can pack in a lot of objects into my object browser.

This bug is 100% consistent and has been happening since these UI objects were introduced, only now it’s bugging me enough to actually make a big deal about it. Being able to make a scrolling grid of objects that doesn’t look terrible would be extremely useful.

I don’t think this is a bug relating to my specs, but just in case it’s important, I’m on Windows using a Nvidia GTX1070 graphics card.

Here’s a place containing my Usage of frames and constraints.
UI Bug Report.rbxl (16.5 KB)

are all the aspect ratio contraints the same? We recently introduced a feature where you can parent a uiaspectratioconstraint to uigridlayout and it’ll apply it to all the cells.

I don’t know if this will fix your issue but it would be worth trying

Oh wow yeah that fixed the issue. Awesome, thanks.

If there’s not already a guide on the wiki to certain tricks like that there totally should be, that’s extremely helpful.

yeah we plan on ramping up the documentation soon!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.