UI Improvement Feedback

I recently got some feedback for my game in this post: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-can-i-get-players-into-my-game/3120614

One common complaint was the UI, so I overhauled it from this:

To this:

I’d advise seeing it for yourself in game, because it’s got some neat animations and sfx.

Anything I could’ve improved on?

2 Likes

Hey there! A fellow game developer here/ui designer.

First off, when I joined the game, the Image Button (im assuming) with the shop icon is way too big. You should scale it down. Here are my takeaways from trying to improve:

• I would suggest on changing some icons so they’re not a regular emoji. If you have any photoshop/photopea (or other photo editing software) skills, consider on finding examples and making them much more appealing. For example, down below I fully redesigned your

- Before

msedge_S3h6QrYAWT

• After Re-design
  • I assume that you have the necessary skills on making this kind of UI’s so I won’t give you the exact file. Also, at the beginning, my avatar picture in the progress bar is clipped outside of the actual bar making it look quite unsettling. I’m not sure the way to fix this but I bet there will be tutorials on it online.

Next up, the store. I love the smooth ease animations. However, it’s again, way too dark in terms of color and quite inconsistent with the pattern. Here is a whole redesign of the store home button. I won’t be redesigning the actual store since it’s looking nice (I’ll suggest on changing some small aspects of it though)

You can use this icon (I don’t mind). This is a better version than the current icon. No gray coloring. Blue is the most liked color because it reminds us of a blue sky and
being happy. Increasing the chances of your players buying something.

Here is the “Trophy” icon. You can use it as much as you like to.

New Project - 2024-08-16T211622.108 1

The skip stage icon is very easy to make, just insert a rectangle, make it curved, and bam! Again, this is just what I would change. Other than that. a very promising game concept. This is a long post but if you tweaked the changes with mine (if you want to), I bet the game play would be much smoother.

P.S (you should add a UI for a user profile displaying all their streaks, kills, etc.)

P.P.S (change the size of the green “BUY” buttons, kinda too large but other than that its good)

2 Likes

This UI looks great! I recommend moving all the buttons in the first picture to the side/edge of the screen as much as you can. Otherwise, nice job on this! How long did all of this UI take to create?

2 Likes

The UI looks better than before but it still need to be worked on and the builds should be better. To improve UI, search “Roblox Cartoony UI” in google, this can give you some reference images to help you improve.

1 Like

My UI? It actually took 5-10 minutes as this one is kind of rushed. Everything was done on Figma. But thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

What should I do differently/add?

The build is really basic. If you want to make a space obby maybe put the obby in a spaceship. As if the ship is breaking down and you have to reach the control center to fix it. This will add a goal to the game and give you more ideas on how to make it more entertaining because it is mostly repetitive. Changing the location with also allow you to make the builds more interesting and unique.

1 Like

I don’t want to be rude but this looks like a cash grab.

The UI needs work, the build looks like one of those squid game glass obbys you do for robux.(From what I see in this screenshot you have one of those parts that one has collisions off and the other has it on and that’s it, I may be wrong but from this screenshot this is what It looks like) I like the planet on the side tho.
You could improve the scenery by having the obby be inside like a spaceship or something and then it goes like outside of the spaceship with maybe idk 0 gravity or something.

1 Like

Thats the old UI? Not trying to sound rude but maybe re-read the original post?

But yeah thanks for the feedback, I’ll add some more stuff to the scenery!