UI layout thoughts

Just want thoughts on colours, etc. Not 100% sure about the gradients but ye

7 Likes

I just noticed Roblox has recently published UIGradient to Roblox servers and developers are making really good use out of it. Your UI looks brilliant with the new update.

Maybe the UIGradient needs a little less transparency ok but nothing bad.

I think that you should remove the gradients for the bottom two bars, or make the gradient white to colour instead of black to colour

In terms of gradients, I’d recommend making it slightly lighter, rather than having fade from black to the colour. Mainly with the coloured bars, but it looks nice otherwise.

The design it self is really nice and clean, however I don’t think that having it be darker at the top of the gradient works well with the colors you picked. I suggest maybe trying to make the gradient less strong and the color of the top part of it white.

Doing this effect could make it “pop” more. Here is a photo of a UI I did with a white gradient

So for me, I must say that the inventory area looks very nice. But, for the colors as you said, I think they look quite nice! Maybe you could try a different color for the XP bar. It seems a bit too bland. But, really nice overall! :smiley:

That would make it look horrible? Making a white-colour gradient for the XP bar.

This looks excellent, in all honesty, the XP bar is perfect the way it is, it’s there and has enough attention that you CAN see it when you want. Making it flashy and adding all these bright “popping” colours would make it too strong.

Cc @Uralic @Kullaske

None of the gradients are colors. All the gradients are transparency based. Their colours are just based on the image color, not gradient

Latest
robloxapp-20200110-1036306

Tried it, but didn’t really get the same effect??

Looking at the inventory.

1 Like

gotta say your original posted UI looked a lot nicer

Really? If I’m going for a more cartoony style UI tho?

yeah, might be personal opinion but using the charcoal colour w/ no transparency for cartoony UI just feels wrong.

Looks cleaner, but Im not sure about the top bar. I assume that you were just messing with the top bar when that screen shot was taken.

If you look at my post above, I have a gif, which shows the top bar actually working. The purple bit is basically the exp bar, so it’ll move based on your exp.

How about lighter colours??

robloxapp-20200111-1305015

i like that more actually yeah

1 Like