UI not the same on different devices

Hello! I’m trying to make a countdown UI on my game, and it is not the same for all devices. I am not very knowledgeable on this and I’ve looked around the developer forum, but nothing made sense to me.

Here is what it looks like on an Average Laptop:

But then this is what it looks like on an HD 1080:

Is there a way that I can have it always in the center of the screen and the same size? I’ve also played around with UIAspectRatioConstraint, but I didn’t have any luck.

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

1 Like

Try converting the offset position to scale.

Should this be in the UIAspectRatioConstraint or the TextLabel?

Basically, set the position and size to scale, in the textlabel (like meteor0id said). Then, set the anchorpoint of the textlabel to 0.5,0.5 (the middle of the screen). Lastly, ad a UIAspectRatioContraint to lock its relative size. Hope this helps

Use this plugin (it is great for converting size and positions, and adding constraints) AutoScale Lite - Roblox

The TextLabel. Make sure the first number {#, #} is the one you’re using.

Okay I’m pretty sure I did what you said to do, but this is what is happening on HD 1080. (The Average Laptop works.)

What is the position so it is in the middle of the screen? I think that is my problem.

I got it to work! My problem was there was a frame as the parent and it was changing what the middle of the screen was. Thanks for the help! :smiley:

No problem, I have struggled with the same thing multiple times (I didn’t seem to learn the first few times lol)

2 Likes