UI resets its color when editing if using the color picker (EDIT: Every Color3 Picker)

1. Open Roblox Studio
  2. Add a ScreenGui
  3. Add a Frame
  4. Change color of the frame using the Color3 Picker
  5. Press okay and accept the change (observe the color changes)
  6. Click anywhere inside of the viewport
  7. Observe the color resets

Expected behavior

I expect the color of the my UI that I selected to be preserved

EDIT: This is happening for every Color3 Picker inside of Roblox Studio.

51 Likes

Same issue here. Happened after updating, did not happen in my version right before.

Can’t recolor UI elements using the color picker without them reverting after clicking away.

3 Likes

Same here, I can’t change ANY property that has a Color3 value. Lighting Ambient, Occlusion, Colors, nothing works.
Needing to release something very soon but can’t properly work because of this.

5 Likes

Same, I was going to report it just now. I am having issues with changing a part’s color when editing the Color property of it. After selecting the color, I click “Ok”, and then when I click anywhere in the screen it resets back to it’s original color.

2 Likes

A workaround for this is to manually type it’s RGB value.

3 Likes

I was about to make a feature request about this but it happens to be already created.

The only workaround is to cut then paste the object, which is not ideal. Hope this issue gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

this is happening to me with every color selector

1 Like

this makes building very annoying so i hope they fix it soon

2 Likes

This is happening with me too. It wasn’t a problem before I updated my client and now it is.

Been having this issue too. It’s really odd and disturbed my workflow.

I’m frustrated.

2 Likes

I just started noticing this issue recently as well. It wasn’t happening earlier, and it happens for every single instance that has a Color3 value (like other people before me have said).

Please fix this soon, it is very annoying to work with.

Happens to me aswell.
I found a workaround tho (very common)
Use the cmd bar to change colors. It doesnt revert. But its tedious to do so i hope roblox can solve this asap.

Edit:
If you want the script :

local YourInstanceHere = --replace this comment with the reference to ur instance
;
local YourColor = Color3.new(0,0,0) --replace 0,0,0 with your color
;
YourInstanceHere.Color = YourColor

I have also noticed this.
I changed a color’s part using the Color property and then I clicked anywhere else on the screen and it reverted back to the color it was before.
It is annoying.

1 Like

i can attest this, if i use any colour picker on any instance, it resets on de-select

A nasty fix for this is to ctrl+z and ctrl+y

1 Like

I thought it was just me, it was driving me crazy

1 Like

This is more of an instance issue, anything that uses color got the same thing here except brick color

1 Like

yup I am also experiencing this issue, I hope this get fixed soon…

I am also experiencing this, so annoying. I hope it’ll get fixes as soon as possible…

I know this sounds weird, but once you’ve finished changing the colors, just press the ‘W’ button to confirm and the colors will be correctly updated

Okay, after a while, it will revert back to its original state on its own. This doesn’t work, so we’ll just have to wait for another update.