UI Selection Between Screen/Surface/BillboardGuis

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

8 Likes

I feel like this should be able to be disabled in game settings, enabled by default. Time and time again do I press backslash by accident when playing highly competitive FPS games.

12 Likes

Thanks to the developers for that feature.

But I want to ask uh, can we force players to use that feature at least for the UIs that were created by us (not the default buttons of the client such as chat, settings)?

6 Likes

Releasing and enabling platform-wide game-breaking features within the same breath.

• Brought to you by Roblox.

“We’ll roll out features as disabled by default! …Except for this one. Ok, maybe these ones too… but that’s it!”

Seriously though, fantastic improvement for gamepad players. Very grateful for this & great work on it so far.

5 Likes

This is amazing, mainly for people on Xbox or who have controllers.

I myself own a Xbox but don’t play on their often and opt to use a controller for accessibility reasons, so this is really good for me!

6 Likes

I hope you can learn from this, it could be very successful when you learn.

2 Likes

Hello! We’ve fixed the issue and enabled the new feature. UI Selection can now jump between all UI types under PlayerGui. Please let us know if you have any other issues!

3 Likes

Little unrelated, but is it possible that we could set the ZIndex of the selection image object one day? it currently overlaps my UI.

1 Like

Looks like you’re using a custom selection image object. The selection renders on top regardless of ZIndex because it’s a separate render flow than the other UI objects that happens after all the others. It’s a good quality update I’ll note, but we’re unlikely to change the flow anytime soon.

1 Like

Ah yeah so it would be hard to implement. No rush though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.