UI Tools: The All-In-One Interface Design Solution

Here’s my thoughts on the changes, including pros and cons:

Pros:
I think it would be an excellent idea to have both the previous UI and the new features in separate tabs. Adding a quick tab switch, similar to the F3x tools, would offer the best of both worlds. By having both options readily available, the capabilities of the plugin can continue to grow, rather than being limited. Keep up the fantastic work, the progress so far is truly amazing!

Cons:
I’ve been using the plugin since its launch and was disappointed with the recent update. The new UI seems to be shifting away from its former quick and reliable design, making me reconsider my purchase decision.

Edit: Changed the way I phrased my feedback.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I have been thinking of ways to improve the UX, and one of my best ideas is to create another widget that allows you to save the tools you are using right now.

There will be many saving options, allowing the users to save just an individual tool, or an entire toolset. This will allow you to save things like the anchor point, current color, unit conversion type, etc. I am also planning to provide a saving option to not add aspect ratio when you use fast scale.

After you save the tools you’ll need, you can then access them in the same widget and activate them by clicking on a button. I still haven’t thought about the design of the buttons, I’m thinking of allowing users to provide their own button name between 1-20 characters. FYI, the name will not be filtered.

@DrDarkEssence I’m planning to re-add and improve all of the most-used tools from the legacy version. For now, you can download the old version here:

3 Likes

Awesome :pray:, looking forward to seeing the new features. I also wanted to add that it would be nice to have an option to not have the anchor point editor force your UI to the center position (0.5, 0, 0.5, 0) and instead maintain the true position of the UI, that would be a fantastic use of the anchor point editor!

All in all, great plugin!

2 Likes

Is there a way to revert the update? The buttons for transparent background, etc. saved a lot of time

1 Like

The .rbxm file was posted in post #12 [v2.0 beta] UI Tools - Help and Feedback / Creations Feedback - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

bit of an unrelated question, but is it ok if i was to use some of the base logic of UITools v1 to help me create another plugin?

3 Likes

I would like to see some of the v1 tools integrated into v2

2 Likes

I miss some tools that were in v1

5 Likes

Thanks for updating UI Tools.

I would like this for the plugin tho:

• The conversion to automatically adjust depending on the objects(s) you have selected.
  • Some nice customizable colors you can just press to change the backgroundcolor of ui objects. (And gradients)
  • Add back the drop shadow feature
  • Class converter
  • A way to quickly roundify

Overall an amazing update to the plugin, but I think it could still be improved.

2 Likes

Since this took a while to make, I understand why the plugin it self cost Robux. But what I don’t understand is why it cost’s 300 Robux. It’s not hard to scale and change the color of UI to what you want. All the plugin does is make it easier to do those things.

I feel as if it’s a rip off, and that your wasting your Robux on it.

I’m not asking for you to make it free, no. I’m asking for you to lower the price from 300, to 150.

1 Like

Plugin developers only earn 14.5% of the money their product earns. The high prices are neccessary if the developer doesnt wan’t to waste his time.

2 Likes

Amazing Plugin & no regrets buying it! I do want to say that, after updating it to the new 2.0 beta i am missing a very neat feature. Why did you remove the ability to remove the UI List/Grid Layout while keeping the same position and size?

2 Likes

It had various bugs and was poorly written. I will consider adding it in the next update.

2 Likes

Where specifically did you find this information?

It’s “30%,” not “14.5%.” There’s no need to thank me for the correction.

Additionally, I think R300 is a little bit excessive; at the very least, make it R200.

The extra R100 is unreasonable and will put off those who were thinking about buying it.

Furthermore, even though I am not implying that you lower the price to R200, at the very least, try to think about it from the standpoint of someone who might be considering buying this plugin.

Also, I appreciate you reading this.

Just my personnel evaluation, please.

Don’t get me wrong, the plugin is fantastic, and if I ever need it, I might buy it.

However, I believe that the plugin at this time should cost R200 rather than R300; if he keeps upgrading it, you can go as high as R500 if you so choose.

I appreciate your time.

I got the information from Elttob

Do you still have the earlier, more updated version before 2.0? I identified more with it, I used it to make my jobs easier.

I don’t mean this UI-Tools (1).rbmx that you sent above, it is not with all the parts that were there before

If you can that would help me a lot again!

Hmm.

That’s strange

Roblox continues to claim that it is 30%

I believe it to be a simple error, but if not, I hope they’ll correct it.

It is 30%. Sadly not 70 percent…

No, I meant to say that it was 30% rather than 14.5%, as you can see in my response.

Isn’t 200 robux two dollars? Furthermore, the creator only earns 60 cents of those two dollars. Are you serious? If anything, the plugin should be worth more.

300 robux is already very cheap for a plugin with multiple features and makes UI much easier for beginner developers. Hell, it is a one-dollar difference!

Don’t get me started on 150 Robux. Even worse, the creator receives just 40 cents.

This kind of behavior is more than upsetting. It was already dropped from 500 robux to 300 afaik. (Edit: I was mistaken on that point and misread a message)

The feature is only in beta. Come on.

1 Like