UI Tools: The All-In-One Interface Design Solution

No, it costs money and is not open source.

2 Likes

@fivefactor has a showcase on interface tools, it costs 500 robux, and the showcase is on #resources:community-resources

2 Likes

That isn’t allowed, the person should move their topic once it isn’t free/open source anymore.

1 Like

I think you’re referring to the interface tools plugin. This is clearly allowed since it was made when paid plugins were allowed on the resources page (they seem to have changed the rules without notice).

There’s a bug with the topic’s image. Do I really need to DM?

I somewhat like the UI, but the text where you switch from Position to CellSize in the video is not enough. The anchor editor’s grid should also be customizable to an extent.

A gradient creator, preferably with some gradient presets would be nice to include (if not already).

Here's a gradient that I use

goodGradient.rbxm (620 Bytes)

2 Likes

I thought the image would get fixed by itself. It does seem to work just fine on my phone, though. I will try fixing it.

About your suggestions, I did plan to make a video for each feature. I understand that a gif is just not enough.

I will also consider adding gradients and re-adding some features from the old quick-actions feature.

Right now, making an easy way to generate themes is at the top of my priority list. I will be working on additional features a little bit later.

1 Like

yes i’m referring to interface tools plugin

1 Like

Hey! I appreciate you updating the plugin. However, this update makes the plugin feel slow and less useful. I think you should roll back to the earlier version and consider what is really important, speed and usefulness.

1 Like

I will leave the old version of the plugin below. If you liked the old one more, use it instead. I will still be updating the plugin, though.

UI-Tools (1).rbxm (40.5 KB)

7 Likes

Didn’t know they changed the rules.

2 Likes

TIP: Use Paint.net instead, install a few plugins, and it has all the same features as Photoshop

edit: its ‘https://www.getpaint.net

1 Like

I didn’t know which tools I should’ve kept, remade, or removed because I don’t collect analytics. That’s why I will make a poll here.

What tools from the ‘Fast Tools’ category did you use the most?
  • Transparent Background
  • Remove Borders
  • Fit Image
  • Fit Parent
  • Custom Layout

0 voters

Should ‘Fast Scale’ also scale the text? This will insert a TextSizeConstraint into every TextLabel/TextButton and enable the TextScaled property.
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

What tools from the ‘Presets’ category do you want to see in v2.0?
  • Gradients
  • Class Conversion

0 voters

You can also suggest your ideas for new tools.

1 Like

Hello, The new update is pretty good, But I can’t hide the Background Transparency anymore, and if you can add Fast Buttons to the Anchor Editor that would be fire.

2 Likes

Also, The Class Conversion was pretty helpful.

2 Likes

So a bit of feedback with the new version of this tool. Having the Scale/Offset for size and position be separated behind a dropdown menu is really inconvenient and slows down work flow by quite a lot (especially if you frequently need to change settings), you could argue that fast scale is the solution but I don’t always want an aspect ratio in my UI, and not always do I want to scale both at the same time either.

You could also argue that the dropdown is required because of the different scaling options, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible to just have the plugin adapt to your selection, I shouldn’t have to tell the plugin what I want to scale.

Also going to miss easily adding an aspect ratio whenever I need one without it having any ties to other properties ;-;

2 Likes

Here’s my thoughts on the changes, including pros and cons:

Pros:
I think it would be an excellent idea to have both the previous UI and the new features in separate tabs. Adding a quick tab switch, similar to the F3x tools, would offer the best of both worlds. By having both options readily available, the capabilities of the plugin can continue to grow, rather than being limited. Keep up the fantastic work, the progress so far is truly amazing!

Cons:
I’ve been using the plugin since its launch and was disappointed with the recent update. The new UI seems to be shifting away from its former quick and reliable design, making me reconsider my purchase decision.

Edit: Changed the way I phrased my feedback.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I have been thinking of ways to improve the UX, and one of my best ideas is to create another widget that allows you to save the tools you are using right now.

There will be many saving options, allowing the users to save just an individual tool, or an entire toolset. This will allow you to save things like the anchor point, current color, unit conversion type, etc. I am also planning to provide a saving option to not add aspect ratio when you use fast scale.

After you save the tools you’ll need, you can then access them in the same widget and activate them by clicking on a button. I still haven’t thought about the design of the buttons, I’m thinking of allowing users to provide their own button name between 1-20 characters. FYI, the name will not be filtered.

@DrDarkEssence I’m planning to re-add and improve all of the most-used tools from the legacy version. For now, you can download the old version here:

3 Likes

Awesome :pray:, looking forward to seeing the new features. I also wanted to add that it would be nice to have an option to not have the anchor point editor force your UI to the center position (0.5, 0, 0.5, 0) and instead maintain the true position of the UI, that would be a fantastic use of the anchor point editor!

All in all, great plugin!

2 Likes

Is there a way to revert the update? The buttons for transparent background, etc. saved a lot of time

1 Like

The .rbxm file was posted in post #12 [v2.0 beta] UI Tools - Help and Feedback / Creations Feedback - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

bit of an unrelated question, but is it ok if i was to use some of the base logic of UITools v1 to help me create another plugin?

3 Likes