UI White Screen

I am working on implementing UI into my game and don’t know why this happened, but in the middle of working on it, I reloaded studio, and the screen turned completely white. This is 100% an issue relating the UI in StarterUI in that studio, as other studios load fine and when I set Enabled to false, the white disappears. I have tried adjusting the properties of the UI. This is weird, because they were working just fine before…

Anyone else have this happen to them- or do you know a fix?

Here is the UI file:
file removed

1 Like

Can you describe what you mean by

as other studios load fine and when I set Enabled to false,

Also, did you tried to check where that full-white frame is at by disabling those GUI one by one ?

Otherwise, try out disabling it completely if it’s truly a UI issue or not

This might be related to your z-index. I assume the white screen is a frame/background of some sort, if you change it’s z-index to something very low, you should see the UI elements return.

1 Like

When I load studio in any other game, it works fine.
When I set the GUI’s property “Enabled” to false, then the whiteness disappears.

The z-index is already set to one and was working before-

I know but this has happened to me before when copying and pasting UI elements and might be a similar issue here.

What do you recommend I do to fix this issue than? What did you do when it happened to you?

Did lowering the z-index on the background not work?

No, it did not. I tried lowering the z-index of the frames to 0 and it did not disappear.

Alright, could you provide a repro file with your UI?

Would a .rbxm file work? 30 char

Yes, any file containing your UI will work.

Now I am receiving this error- great:

Save a copy of the place and just send him a private message with it?

You’re trying to export your UI as an obj file.
Right click your ScreenGui, click save to file and send that file here.

The UI file is attached in the original post now.

For your SoundPlayer GUI,
AddSongLabel’s Size scale is all messed up (503, 376) which is absolutely massive.

For your Menu GUI,
The button’s size’s is also messed up (103, 57).

You’ll have to fix the scale of both these elements. As for how they got messed up, maybe you have some type of gui scaling plugin?

2 Likes