UICorner [Live]

Yes! This is amazing! Now I don’t have to make my images round using a photo editing app! Thank you!

4 Likes

This is a dream come true. No more having to go into ms paint to modify images. This is, hands down, one of the best updates of the year! Keep it up Roblox! :smiley:

6 Likes

This is awesome! Some questions/ideas for improvements though:

• Are there any plans to support elliptical corners in the future?

• Are there any plans to support individual corner radius in the future?

• In light of the performance concerns about UICorner, is it a future goal of the UI system to better support rendering to ‘intermediate’ targets (which would also allow for better and faster transparency, clipping and masking effects)?
44 Likes

I like it. We can now make circles and do tons of interesting things.

I found one thing that’s annoying, though – elements with UI corner being applied are smaller on their straight edges. This means you can’t just put two elements with rounded corners next to each other seamlessly, as there will be space a thin line visible in between. pls fix

9 Likes

Wait what? Now it’s possible to create circular thumbnail and/or circular minimap?! This would be a really great, and even the best!

4 Likes

Wow it looks amazing! This is a great feature!

4 Likes

As of now, it does not appear to be the case unless there is a good amount of use cases for individual corner radius:

4 Likes

Wow, you can’t imagine how grateful I am to see this update coming right around the corner!
I’ll finally be able to have rounded player icons among many other things.

5 Likes

Neat update, though a bit limited in its current application. Would be nice if you could customize the corners. Could be as simple as giving per corner control and allowing the user to choose how many segments the corner uses (so you can have 45 degree corners instead of just circle), or more advanced such that the player can use a mask.

3 Likes

This opens so many new doors to Roblox development! I can’t wait to create new UI with this feature. You can almost fully design UI in Roblox studio, exciting! :smiley:

4 Likes

Rest in peace Roundify LOL
Finally this should’ve been a built in feature ages ago.

10 Likes

This is really cool, Roundify is going to have some trouble…

6 Likes

I still think roundify or 9-slicing in general will be relevant. The performance implications alone might steer people away from using UICorner unless they actually need the functionality offered that isn’t provided by 9-slicing. Mobile and low end devices are quite limited, so it is best to save where you can.

6 Likes

this Update is not that big but this Update is big for UI designer. with this feature, UI designer can do amazing UI for the game they work on. plus the corner UI it is not that bad I would like to say that but it also makes your UI much cleaner and eye-catching. anyway, thanks for the new update for the UI designer and I would like to see more impressing thing that we can do in the studio.

Seeya and have a good day ;D

4 Likes

This is amazing! I’ve been waiting years for this! This will make it so much easier to make UI crisp and good looking! :grin:

4 Likes

This is truly an amazing step forward in progress towards redesigning Roblox as a whole. Allowing us to make our own UI the way we want it is incredible.

I can’t wait to see the day when we can directly implement UIs that would need to be made in other software now directly in Roblox.

3 Likes

Rest in peace Roundify. You will be missed. Hopefully in the future we get shape properties

9 Likes

You are correct, Roundify can’t be used with viewport frames.

2 Likes

I already tried this before but i did not know how to use it :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, This addon is fairly underwhelming for me,

it is barely a upgrade, people are talking about Viewport uses with it, but… ClipsDescendants doesn’t actually change the mask’s zone, results in no actual change to possibilities of UI from… the very first day Viewportframe released.

However :

UICorner indeed take consideration Mouse Hover, which means circle buttons; especially for mobile controls, can finally have a proper input zone! which is the greatest news about it.

Edit : i’ve been proved wrong about viewportframes possibilities with UICorner

15 Likes