UiDesign plugins

I would be interested in seeing a plugin / function that handled creation of tweening for GUIs, almost like an animation suite but for GUIs. It’s something i’ve considered making before.

Also, i’m not sure if this is just me, but there is a lack of a close button whenever i open the Plugin, and sometimes when the actual plugin gui blocks the button on the plugins tab i can’t easily close it.
https://gyazo.com/d0bea9f2f81ffd9ddffcc9d8241ffd54

1 Like

You could make a lite version for developers without robux like me, this plugin is very useful.

1 Like

Interesting feature, I’ll do some research and see what I can do! Also, I’m not sure if that’s a bug or what’s going on. I’ll try and reproduce it and see what happens. :slight_smile:

@Conejin_Alt I’m actually working on making a lite version! I’ve just been super busy, but It should be released soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

having some bugs-added you on discord to report them

1 Like

Could we get an inverted version of Roundify in this?
Used for making inner borders instead of outer borders, most use cases would probably be rounding an image.

An example of what I’m talking about. The inside is transparent, and the corners are filled.

2 Likes

I got an idea that is add vignettes, where you can set if you want a vignette for a square or for a circle, and set a color :+1:

1 Like

@Lord_Superbithia I think I could do that! If this is something you’d use, I’ll try my best to get it added!
I can’t say an exact time when it’ll be added as I’ve got a very busy schedule and a few bugs to fix first, but I’ll work on it. :slight_smile:

@Conejin_Alt that’s a neat idea! Would you be able to add me on discord (Stelrex#9881) and we can talk more about what you’d like to see with a vignette?

1 Like

Awesome its so easy to makes uis now excited to you add like a shading texture example

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I think this is now possible with UIGradients, considering your post was made before the release of UIGradients. I would personally love to see this as a uiDesign Plus feature! It just makes two separate parts of the gradient with the same colors as the said UI element and tweaks the transparency.

2 Likes

This is something I’d love to add!
I honestly haven’t had a chance to play around too much with Ui Gradients, but I’ll be messing with them soon and hopefully add some new features to uiDesign!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ve just been getting used to UI work and this plugin will add so much ease to building. As a fan of Roundify it’s sweet that it is getting an upgrade. Can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes

(Sorry new to Roblox- but didn’t quite know how to search my question because of very general terms)

Really like the effort here! So say I wanted to buy the premium version of the add on for my design team, is it possible to install this for the group so multiple builders can use this? How do you install other peoples addons for a group? I know you can make your own and share them but what about pre-made ones?

2 Likes

Interesting question!
To the best of my knowledge, only the person who purchased the plugin will be able to use it.

Actually, when I purchased your plus version of uiDesign the other day, I had to buy it on my main account (with my robux) to use it on my developer account (my main does not work on roblox studio) and I came up with a way to do it. I did this with Material Icons, uiDesign Plus, and Tool Grip Editor. I went into my roblox folder and found the second folder with a weird ID name. I clicked on it and searched the ID of the plugin, went into all those folders and i got a file named Plugin.rbxm and I used that as a local plugin.

1 Like

This is very innovative! I had a quick question though… is there a tutorial on how to use the uiDesign Plus, uiDesign Lite and Roundify plugins yet? If not, I highly recommend one be made for newer developers! I myself finally figured out how to use it after about 30 minutes, but for someone who was newer to the platform might find it a bit difficult to utilize. Great plugins though, I hope you continue to update and add features to them!

2 Likes

Thank you for creating this plugin! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t thought about doing a video tutorial! That is something I’ll definitely consider doing!!

1 Like

The Roundify feature doesn’t seem to be working at the moment. I’ve used it in the past however right now when I use the feature it just makes the UI object transparent:
https://gyazo.com/339f99d0925359d610674ce941b652fd

2 Likes

I was desperately looking for something like this! Thank you so much.

1 Like

I watched the clip and from what I see it should all work properly. I attempted to reproduced and failed to do so.

Could you list exact steps to reproduce, or possibly even send me the ui exactly how you’ve set it up?
Also verify that you have the most up to date version. :slight_smile: