UIEDITOR - Completely remade ui editor | disables default editor

ah, aight ill look into it. it should be due to the core ui not getting deleted.

1 Like

This is nice, But with the editor enabled i can’t select any properties

1 Like

Here’s a video of some issues I found:

• It’s not making snapping any better
  • Center on ImageLabels freaks out and centers text
  • Image positioning isn’t right, the only way to fix is disabling it…?
  • UI stops working, re enables CoreUI, disabling fixed it again for some reason
    Something I didn’t record and I’m noticing now: If you resize anything and the resize thing is overlaying UI, it will start resizing that UI Element.
    Here’s a video of that:

I think that’s it. Overall, good plugin!
Also, make sure to DM me or ping me here when you fix these. It’s a good plugin, I’m disabling it for now as I cant use it very easy.

3 Likes

my studio crashed after clicking “disable” on the plugin widget, making me lose 2 entire hours of unsaved progress. i don’t recommend using until it’s fixed i guess.

edit: Just checked my Roblox Studio’s auto saves, and the UI i’ve been working on for 2 hours is nowhere to be seen. Unbelievable.

another edit: This won’t be easy to reproduce (I think) since this is the first time it happened, and I’ve disabled and enabled the plugin multiple times.

2 Likes

I dont think it’s his fault. You should’ve saved. Also, studio has been buggy today(like it’s crashed for me like 6 times today, not an exaggeration). Just save more lmao.

2 Likes

The reason I don’t save every 5 minutes is because it slows me down, having to click “File” then “Publish to Roblox” specifically (because for some rason Save to Roblox doesn’t publish my changes).

I was about to finish the UI, and then I was going to save.

Either way, the plugin is what triggered the crash. I’m not saying “This plugin is bad” or anything like that even though I AM very angry at the fact I lost 2 hours of progress. And even so, I’m still wondering why Roblox Studio didn’t save the progress at least in a file, even though I have configured it to save every 5 minutes.

1 Like

theres a reason for shortcuts. I save every time I add a small change to a script(like even a single word). You can do alt + p to publish. It’s your fault for not saving. Take this as a learning experience as now you know to save now anytime you make a change.

1 Like

AND it’s not my fault that disabling a plugin crashed Roblox.

I’m telling the developer that he/she should fix the bug since it can make multiple hours of work go to waste; Not asking for advice on why I should set Roblox Studio shortcuts.

Yes, you’re right, I should save.
But why did this situation happen? Because I tried disabling the plugin. If I didn’t try to disable it, this wouldn’t have happened, and I wouldn’t need to set up shortcuts, etc etc.

2 Likes

i wasn’t saying how you should set your shortcuts. I was just explaining how you could publish using a shortcut. It’s good practice to save anyways.

2 Likes

ill look into it and i apologize for your studio crashing.

1 Like

It’s okay. I wasn’t trying to be rude if I was btw, it just stressed me out that my progress just got erased like that.

I don’t remember what the error exactly said, but it said something like “Something happened and Roblox has to quit. Sorry!”

1 Like

Also, how can I actually disable the plugin?

Disabling it through the widget just doesn’t work, and disabling it through the plugin manager, uh, literally does nothing but remove the resizing buttons when a frame is selected

I also tried enabling and disabling multiple times

2 Likes

There is only critical flaw with this. It makes remaining the items literally impossible.

2 Likes

Whenever I have this enabled, I can’t move the camera, even if the plugin is disabled through the plugin manager, I have to re-enable it and disable it through the plugin’s UI, even after uninstalling the plugin my camera STILL wont move. Also, if you try to uninstall or disable the plugin through the plugin manager while the plugin is disabled through the plugin’s UI, it crashes studio.

2 Likes

Hey there, this is quite an interesting project you’ve embarked on. Are there any plans on you continuing to work on it to release a more stable version?

3 Likes

What if I can mix scale and offset with this plugin…

1 Like

Sorry for the massive bump, but this plugin has major potential. Since ROBLOX will apparently not update their UI editor to modern standards, this is an essential to my UI editing. A little while ago, this plugin broke. I am extremely disappointed, and I think it would be nice if you could update this plugin more, as I said, this has big potential.

3 Likes

Could you make the radial menu bigger? I can almost not read what it says on the radial menu

1 Like

this should be way more popular than it is! the tweens and animations in general are amazing, but i personally wont use it because of the fact that i have to enable and disable it to change the transparency in properties (which im used to), which does slow me down a bit. of course, this is a plugin, so it’ll be buggy, and Roblox hasn’t provided much for custom ui editors. If only Roblox made their stuff look better D:

2 Likes

updated the plugin and fixed some bugs, use the ~ key to toggle the plugin after it has been enabled.

2 Likes