UIEDITOR - Completely remade ui editor | disables default editor

Aeroooo UI

‎‎
What is Aeroooo UI? It’s a complete remake of the default ui editor, and fixes + adds many new features - IT also disables the original ui editor * completely * .

credits to @HavocOmega for the radial ui code which i forked!! :))

‎‎
FEATURES

nudge - nudge the ui element, or groups of ui elements using your arrow keys.

rotate - handle based rotation, WITH SCALING

resize - supports rotation, shift for aspect ratio rescaling and control for parallel resizing.

selecting - fixed selection that feels natural and is uptopar with true ui editors.

improved ui - sleek, and much simpler to use, and oh yeah, no obtrusive and ugly elements.

radial menu - press tab to open.

‎‎

DEMO PICTURES

‎‎

LINK | https://www.roblox.com/library/6473572237/

79 Likes

Looks good at the images, but theres lots of inconsistancy with the name.

In the devforum post title we have UIEDITOR, in the body we have UI PLUS, and on the plugin we have Aeroooo UI

And - looking at this image:

Some text have capital letters at the start, and some not, just makes it look a bit odd.

12 Likes

oops haha i completely forgot that i renamed it !

2 Likes

This makes thing so much easier but I’m having a problem with when I move the actual ui, the offset thats shown by roblox covers the one you made

4 Likes

Mind showing me a screenshot please, also try disable and enable it again.

1 Like

Here are some examples:

3 Likes

ah yeah, just disable and enable it, and lmk if its fixed !

i think it might in be this box, if it is ill need to add a label loll

1 Like

Oh thank you it’s fixed now. I didn’t know what that enabled and disabled did.

3 Likes

Looks really cool.

A lot of people would use it for prototyping!
And it also looks better the original roblox interface editor.

As a person who declaratively scripts interfaces, I personally wouldn’t use it.
But, I would love to use it before I knew about declaratively scripting UI.

Overall, good job on this!

5 Likes

Does this fix the issue that you can’t move GUI objects inside a folder? If so this would be such a lifesaver

3 Likes

i have not tested it, but i do think so.

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with this for a bit and its pretty alright, but it’s extremely prone to crashing studio. This might be a me problem, but the UI for the radial menu is also too small to read for my pc. Overall I think it needs some polishing, bug fixing and a bit more practicality.

3 Likes

With Rotation

EDIT: It’s working now. Idk what was wrong.

1 Like

Nice job! The question is if you want the default UI editor back, do you just disable the plugin or wut?

2 Likes

theres an enabled disabled ui window that you use!

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for answering my question. Will definitely be using it when making UIs in the studio. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This is such an underrated plugin totally needs more attention!

One more small feature i would suggest is having snap option for moving and rotation.
(Maybe hold SHIFT or ALT while moving/rotating to snap move/rotate?)
After that addition, RIP Roblox Default UI editor haha!

4 Likes

Oh one more one more haha
Have an toggle option to select with mouse ui elements.

So when that turned off, selecting an ui element on explorer would be required, so whenever trying to drag the selected instance on studio screen, it would not over-select another ui (if the selected instance is under another instance)!

(May be a little confusing how i explained but, let me know if you understood it)

3 Likes

This looks quite nice as a replacement to the default one. The default UI editor is a real tragedy to this platform. I find myself having to hunt down the files and delete them when it inevitably breaks and makes editing UI so much more difficult. Not because I have to type in the properties by hand, I do that anyways. What happens when it breaks is when I select a ui object and put my mouse anywhere in the window, it will move the UI to my mouse without any input. It’s annoying.

Even after I delete the files, they come back like a virus after an update, and just ends up screwing itself again. I wish there was a way to completely disable the UI editor.

2 Likes

This issue happens when I disable the plugin from Manage Plugins.

2 Likes