UIGradient [LIVE]

Real excited for this feature, but how will it be used?

20 Likes

I’m confused, it doesn’t seem to work?

17 Likes

Same, doesn’t appear to do anything for me yet.

Probably to make gradients

16 Likes

Nevermind, you have to enable it.

Should’ve told us that in the post.

20 Likes

Awesome! :smile:
It’s cool to see how fast this went from feature request to feature! The implementation of this is actually pretty good as well!

Edit: Now all we need is UIRounded :wink:
Edit2: Nevermind it’s called UICorners :wink:

16 Likes

Already loving this update

crop
crop

327 Likes

Awesome update, can’t wait to try it out!

7 Likes

To me, the offset property with rotated gradients doesn’t make much sense. If this could be explained a little more it would be helpful.

1 Like

I’ve been hyped for this ever since I saw the API diff. Great stuff!

Is there any plan to support multiple gradients per object? Or perhaps radial gradients?

9 Likes

WOAH, This sounds so cool and epic!

I saw the new instance created but I couldn’t figure out how to get it working. To anyone else confused, make sure to enable it under the beta tab.

Is there a possible ETA on when this will be fully released onto the client?

10 Likes

Awesome update, it’ll defiently allow gradient based user-interfaces to be made much easier!

Screenshot_1601

84 Likes

I enabled the feature in studio and this popped up… :neutral_face:

(For real though, this is a great! Can’t wait til it gets out of beta)

124 Likes

After years, it’s finally here. The long awaited GRADIENT! Finally, we can make animated rainbow guis!

15 Likes

Really, great to hear about this feature. I wonder how I’ve been living all those years without gradients!

Here are some of my observations:

1. It think it is confusing to have the gradient with the same icon as the layout objects. I would really like if it was different and more recognizable.
    28 PM
  2. We can drag the color nodes outside the range, which doesn’t affect anything when you release the mouse, though it feels weird to just be able to do it.
    21 PM
  3. My color palette window appears behind the gradient window which is a little annoying. :smile:

Overall, I’m really happy to see this feature! Though I feel like the UI could be improved. Maybe it’s too hard to select the little triangles to move the colors for example. I feel like they are a little too small.
I’m used to using Affinity Designer, for example, where the UI is more friendly… but I guess it isn’t fair to compare Roblox to a graphical software. So anyhow, thanks for this feature, that’s a good way to start December! :yum:

Here is what the UI looks in Affinity Designer:
11 PM

33 Likes

WOW! :astonished: Awesome update (as many can see with the number of likes this topic has).

Just one feature that I think should be added along with this: radial gradients with configurable centers.

Linear gradients can get quite … linear and too boring. Therefore, radial gradients spice up the world of color blending and would open us up to a wide array of choices (i.e.center in the top left, top right, center, etc.).

This is based on Google Drawings, which I used before this update was added. Instead of just the five radial gradient choices for where to place the center, it would be better if we can instead use numbers to position the center (like XY coordinates).

Nevertheless, this is an awesome update and it warms my heart to see these quality UI updates getting pushed out. Keep it up Roblox :roblox_light: :roblox: :+1:!

109 Likes

This is so cool. This is easily my favourite update of 2019. Thank you Roblox!

9 Likes

Awesome to finally be able to do this! Would there be any possibility to extend this into full on images (images such as textures being rendered inside of text, other images, etc)?

3 Likes

Next in line: masks. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I love this feature! Heres a gif of a rainbow i wrote in about 5 minutes

88 Likes

This is a really nice update, wanted to make some gradient based UIs in roblox without the need of external programs for a while. This also will allow us to create easier rainbow name tags without crazy hacks/long scripts, thanks for this update :+1:

5 Likes