UIGradient [LIVE]

It’s a ImageButton. You have to make the image and upload it as a decal to do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really? THATS Roblox?!?
This will be really good for new UI designs. Can’t believe gradients are being added!

Cool, but it’s too limited right now.

Two improvements I’d like to see:

• More types of gradients like radial, diamond, etc (linear is a little boring)
  • Ability to have it affect all siblings/descendants of its container (this would be… astronomical. say hello to making REALLY pretty UI effects)
4 Likes

This will surely make gui making a lot easier and not having to use a third party program to make a gradient image.

2 Likes

Anyone know a release date for this? I’d like to use it but its currently in Beta, so I’m not sure if others will also see it…

3 Likes

Same. I’d like to begin using this in public servers.

2 Likes

Hopefully soon. Most likely after they get the testing and feedback in from developers.

I updated the FAQ section, currently expected to be released at early January.

5 Likes

where can i find it??

plss make a short video

2 Likes

I quite like this feature, it can be an extremely useful tool for GUIs and other aesthetic reasons.

For now its work ingame? and now i know where can i find it

Click Save, then Restart Studio.

You can now insert UIGradients like other instances via the Insert widget, they can be configured through the Properties window.

2 Likes

Great update! This is so much better than having to make images of gradients, although I do have a suggestion for the colors. It would be really nice if we could adjust the transparency of a color in the color sequence, something like Adobe Photoshop has… Right now it seems that the Gradient just completely overrides the colors, ignoring the actual parent ui element’s color.

2 Likes

Currently it should do a multiplication with parent GuiObject’s color.
An example how parent’s color affect result of gradient:
57 PM

For editing the transparency along with color, I would recommend this amazing free plugin made by @Fabuss254 :

8 Likes

This just makes UI like… 200x better imo.

I think I’ll wait a little while before I make my game public…

7 Likes

Chill with those gradients, so many gradients makes it look ugly, trust me…

14 Likes

Man! I can see your having lots of fun! I think this is a really stylish update.

2 Likes

Personally I like the gradients in that quantity, but if you really think it’s a big issue, I’ll add an option to turn them off.

3 Likes

Nice idea to make GUI’s more stylish, now you don’t need to use decals to make gradients!

1 Like

I’ve been designing all the UI of my latest update with the UIGradient. I’m hoping it can get out as soon as possible!