UIGridLayout cells sized incorrectly when SizeConstraint property is not RelativeXY

Reproduction Steps

1. Create a UI element with a UIGridLayout (or similar instances) inside it. Ensure the CellSize property uses Scale.
  2. Insert elements, observe correct behaviour.
  3. Change parent element SizeConstraint property to anything besides RelativeXY, observe incorrect behaviour.

Uploading files isn’t working for me currently so I’ve published my repro place to Roblox (uncopylocked). There’s a ScreenGui element containing three ImageLabels. One of which works as intended (RelativeXY) and the others which do not work as intended (RelativeXX, RelativeYY)

https://www.roblox.com/games/7673259581/ui-bug-repro

Expected Behavior
I expect UI elements to be scaled correctly regardless of the SizeConstraint property.

Actual Behavior
The UI elements are scaled as if the SizeConstraint property is always RelativeXY, resulting in broken UI elements in some cases.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-10-07 19:10:00 (+01:00)

19 Likes

Hi @xonae , thanks for your report! We are investigating this issue.

7 Likes

I’ve just experienced the exact same problem in my game. The UI below a scrolling frame with UIGridLayout, for country flags. All my country flags have been squashed in the vertical axis. The horizonal axis does not appear to be affected.

Hopefully this issue can be fixed soon because this issue is currently live in my game. Thanks for investigating it, much appreciated as always, thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m also having this same issue in one of my games. This issue is on one of my main menu GUIs so it’s hurting my player count.

1 Like

My game is having the same issue as well. UI grid layouts are not calculating the size correctly.

Changing the size of the screen/window is also affecting it.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this issue as well, and in many other games on top of that.
Examples:

2 Likes

ye my game is also experiencing same issue:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’ve received numerous reports about my build GUI being squished into one screen as shown below: image
It seems like it’s using the ScrollingFrame’s Size property instead of the CanvasSize. Upon looking into it more, the CanvasSize for my scrollingFrame is:
2.3 times larger in the Y direction. Multiplying my UIGridLayout CellSize by 2.3 returns it to the expected size:
Original Size:

2.3X larger in Y:

Hopefully this is fixed quickly as this is a major aspect to my game.

3 Likes

Yes because of earlier’s studio update right? at the same time as this bug is happening coding is also not working correctly with “:WaitForChild()” and “:FindFirstChild” and then giving insane amount of ping then it kicks the player from games. I had 26k ping then I got kicked. Everytime I join my game I get kicked instantly cause of high ping and everything was fine before I updated studio.

1 Like

Is there any time frame on when a fix could be pushed? I’m debating if it’s worth it to put in a temporary fix in my game.

3 Likes

The flag was reverted. Issues should be gone for now. Please let us know if they still exist.

5 Likes

It still happens.
Just tried in a clean private server.

1 Like

Do we need to update studio again? or restart?

1 Like

OHHHH EPIC You guys also fixed high ping bug as well! Congrats

1 Like

@Foylve @Master3395 Please try again in a few minutes. Also if possible, please provide some place files or rbxm files to repro the issues so that we can look around and verify. Thank you!

2 Likes

As i’m not the owner on this place, i can only provide a link.
But i will try again in 5 minutes.
As i just tried again now, and it’s still wrong size.

https://www.roblox.com/games/3823781113/Saber-Simulator

1 Like

Looks good now and it’s working as expected, thanks!

3 Likes

Was looking for the same, but it looks like a globally bug on Roblox, I also have this recently.

Recent screen:

Older screen:

Works again now, fast fixed, good job :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.