UIListLayout Glitch

I’m trying to make a small chat program that uses an UIList layout to order the messages. Each message i set the canvas position to 1e6 in the Y axis, but sometimes, it doesn’t seem to work and the message gets cut off and the last messages seem to have no padding, even when i have set the padding to 0.1 in the UIList layout. Ideas on how to fix this? (sorry about the category, not sure where else to put this)

(it’s scrolled to the maximum here)

Here’s the script

FilterText.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(messageInfo)
	if messageInfo == false then
		Cooldown.Visible = true
		task.wait(0.9)
		Cooldown.Visible = false
		return
	end

local Message = script:FindFirstChild("MessageTemplate"):Clone()
	local MessageText = Message:FindFirstChild("Message")
	local PlrIcon = Message.PlrIcon

PlrIcon.Image = messageInfo.Icon
	MessageText.Text = string.format("<font transparency='0.5'><font size = '7'>%s</font></font> %s: %s",messageInfo.Time,messageInfo.Username,messageInfo.Message)

Message.LayoutOrder = #Texts:GetChildren() - 2
	Message.Parent = Texts
	if (#Texts:GetChildren() - 2) > Configs.MaxMessages then
		local lastMessage,lowestOrder

for _, currentMessage in ipairs(Texts:GetChildren()) do
			if currentMessage:IsA("Frame") then
				if not lastMessage or currentMessage.LayoutOrder < lowestOrder then
					lastMessage = currentMessage
					lowestOrder = currentMessage.LayoutOrder
				end
			end
		end

if lastMessage then
			lastMessage:Destroy()
		end
	end
	Texts.CanvasPosition = Vector2.new(0,1e6)
end)

UIListLayout’s properties:

It might have to do with OffSet, try putting it to 0, in doing so you might have to rework all your UI though, assuming all their OffSets are normal. Find it in the Ui Size.

1 Like

Offset from what item? I’m using mostly scale for the GUI stuff

The scrolling frame size, expand it, and change the offsets of X and Y to 0, might have to do the same with texts messages that pop up.

1 Like

The offsets are both 0, though. Unless you’re talking about another type of size

no no no, not the canvas size, the Size, the very first one {1,0},{0.65,0} if it doesnt help then idk, ill be out so gtg :skull:

1 Like

Oh, alright, it didn’t quite fix the problem though. Thanks for answering :happy1: