UIScale breaks AutomaticSize

So this is a two-part issue, unfortunately.

When using a UIScale element to scale our UI (we prefer to do this for a few reasons), one of our frames that has AutomaticSize will repeatedly size in and out at a high frequency. This has happened before on a ton of our UI elements that used UIScale mixed with AutomaticSize, but I was finally able to get a repro.

When creating a repro for this bug, I noticed that if I selected the element in studio, it would crash me! I can make a separate bug report for this if needed.

The KeybindDisplay in the StarterGui->BuildMenu is what is rapidly resizing. Selecting this element WILL crash your Studio.
AutomaticScaleBug.rbxl (79.5 KB)

Expected behavior

The element should not be rapidly resizing.

12 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue in my experience with UIScale and Automatic Size:

3 Likes

Sorry for the bump, but it appears UIScale is messing with my AutomaticSize UI elements as well. My situation is a bit different, but I’ve still narrowed UIScale down to being the issue.

With a UIScale added to the entire UI

IN STUDIO:

IN GAME:

No UIScale added to my UI

IN STUDIO:

IN GAME:

It seems that adding a UIScale just breaks the automatic size on some of my text labels. And while it looks the same without one added, a lot of my UI utilizes offset for some positions, and I don’t think a single text label has TextScaled turned on. Unless I use a UIScale to keep these things the same across all devices, the UI will appear massive on phones and insanely small on console.

I’m not entirely sure if this is a bug, or if my case is even related to everything above in the original post. But I’m hoping this is a bug, since it is rather annoying.

2 Likes

Still receiving reports from our audience that this is still happening.

2 Likes