UIStroke is Now Live!

Time to make everything look spicy! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Any plans on changing the Thickness value type to an UDim so I can scale it properly across different devices?

5 Likes

I’m hoping to do this in the near future. It’s slightly complicated because Thickness allows increments of 1/10th of a pixel, while a UDim only allows increment of 1 pixel.

9 Likes

Yey! I was waiting for this to release :smiley:

2 Likes

OMG Thank you finally! I’ve been waiting for SOOO LONG. This will speed me up so much I actually am so happy right now. Thanks!

3 Likes

YESSS!! :partying_face:
I’ve been playing around with UIStroke in studio, and now I can finally use it live in my games!

This has been my most anticipated feature release in months! (except for voice chat of course)
UIStroke brings so many new possibilities for UI creation. I can’t wait to see what developers will make with it.

6 Likes

And it works with UICorner! Yes!

4 Likes

I’ve been messing with UIStroke for a while and was hoping scaling would work upon release. Although I still cannot get the UI stroke to scale with the rest of the UI, is there something I’m missing, or is it not designed around scaling on screen size.

16 Likes

Something that would be nice is being able to add strokes on top of strokes
Wacky idea

2 Likes

Super cool, big fan of this update. Allows for a lot of neat designs.

7 Likes

Finally! Thank you so much for implementing this well-required update! Well done!

2 Likes

There have been so many cases where I needed this. I mean, easy borders on rounded ui + thickness properties for text borders. Thank you for this awesome update.

3 Likes

When using UIStroke on frames with a UICorner, there is a very noticeable gap between the frame and the stroke in the corners as seen in the enlarged image below.

I really hope this is fixed soon, it makes using UIStroke pretty much impossible for me at the moment. Either way, thank you for the update!

17 Likes

Finally! I’ll be using this feature :tada: :slight_smile:

1 Like

YESSS!! Finally, I have been waiting for this update for months. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Finally! After quite a while, it has been delievered! Definitely worth the wait time in my opinion! Can’t wait to see what else ROBLOX has in place for UI!

1 Like

This will for sure make UIs more aesthetically pleasing! Can’t wait to see this being incorporated into games. :heart:

2 Likes

Nice! as a common UI Designer this is a game changer!

1 Like

Wonderful this is an amazing addition to the roblox ui editor. Quick question does adding this affect performance in any way?

1 Like

Amazing!! :confetti_ball: :partying_face:
I was waiting for this feature for so long and now it comes just in time for my new game. I hope the option for proportional scaling will be added soon. But so great already :100:

1 Like