UIStroke is Now Live!

UIStroke is now live globally and can be used in your experiences.

UIStroke is a new object, and corresponding RichText tag, that allows you to put borders around text and frames. For more information, check out the developer documentation:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/UIStroke

412 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 1 minute.

Lets gooooo! I’ve been waiting for so long, thank you. Any idea when we can get something like a glow or a blur effect for ui possibly?

A glow effect would be great for shadows, and much more. Blur would also look nice. That’s really all I have to say though, thank you!

75 Likes

Finally! this will be amazing to use, and cant wait to incorporate it in my future UI’s!

17 Likes

Yes! Amazing release timing. Looking forward to using this a bunch in my upcoming UIs.

12 Likes

This is an amazing update for the UI Designing community.
Just imagine having secondary buttons with no visible background and just a rounded border.
Buttons by Gulzaib Aslam | Dribbble
Perfection.

Thank you for finally releasing UIStroke, can’t wait to see the other useful instances coming up!

74 Likes

This is the future of Roblox’s UI

17 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WE’RE WINNING !!

i pushed out an update that required UIStroke and i completely forgot that it wasn’t out yet so this is a very nice (and very convenient !) update!

good stuff, you guys. :heart:

18 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for SO long, I’m so glad it’s finally been released as it will make designing UIs so much easier. Thank you. :heart:

7 Likes

Pretty useful feature
One thing that I would like to see sometime in the future is the ability to have it apply a stroke around images in an image lablel

11 Likes

Thank you so much, my game looks plain with a plain text.

5 Likes

This is amazing. We were waiting for this forever while we worked with some workarounds. Great to see it finally is live.

3 Likes

ah yes this will be amazing UIStroke is now live to use, can’t wait about upcoming in the future UI’s

4 Likes

It’s on our road map but can’t give an estimate yet. Device hardware capabilities come into play here.

30 Likes

Alright, thank you. Maybe lower graphics/mobile could have a lower quality blur or something as that could probably help out a little

13 Likes

Awesome!! This is so creative and helpful, thank you!

7 Likes

best comment ever, thank you :slight_smile:

23 Likes

awesome feature, this will definitely change the world of Roblox UI for a long time

6 Likes

Awesome! I’ve been waiting to use UIStroke for ages!

By far one of the best UI updates on Roblox!

It’ll improve my UI and a lot of other developers UI a lot

Thank you guys for working so hard on it.

7 Likes

Once I’ve experienced doing UI stuff including using this feature. Now, the time has come for talented UI designers to use this UIStroke in the future! :+1:

4 Likes