UIStroke Issue On ImageButton

Hey!

I am having an issue where the property Thickness of UIStroke is only added to the border of the actual image in the button.

Here are the properties below:

Here is the picture showing the problem:

Any help is appreciated!

/Mub

Create the same button, but in the ImageLabel class, make the image black, set the ZIndex to -1 from the main image and increase its offset from ~5 to 10 (in the X and Y axes) depending on how thick you need.

Doesn’t this work with image that is rounded in corner?

UIStroke only colors the ui object’s borders, not the actual image. So, you have to follow an alternative.

Use google.

This scales as you zoom away, which is not desired behaviour.

I also googled and did my research millions of times. So please don’t ask me any further if you do not have anything else to suggest. :pray:

I am trying to, the current solutions provided here has some problems.

If you got any, suggest :pray:

But I do have something else to suggest and that is editable images. This would be extremely hard but you can probably make an algorithm that gets the borders of an image and adds a stroke to it.

Also why not just add a stroke in a photo editing software? It’s not that hard. :unamused:

1 Like

Editable image… seems interesting

I might have to create plugin that will do that for me. Meanwhile is there no way apart from this hacky solution?

I mentioned a second solution by using an external image editing software like photoshop or ms paint, other then that there is no solution. Unless you make 8 total images that are placed behind the main image and move the images in the 8 directions that being up/down left/right diagonally.

I guess, since this is billboard, will it change image quality as I zoom away?

No not really. It usually depends on your moniter I suppose.

1 Like

Alright, I will mark them as a solutions. This is really ridiculous how Roblox doesn’t think about these such basic features.

Might even consider creating entire UI module because of that.

1 Like

You are not alone. Though, UIStroke on images is quite absurd because other softwares exist that help you make them and therefore there is no use for it but it’s up-to you! Good luck! :blush:

1 Like

You have to switch ApplyStrokeMode from Contextual to Border

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.