UIStroke x UIGradient is a great combo, here's why

I woke up to the wonderful news of UIStroke finally being added and now my UI with UICorner objects can look wonderful and not feel left out. However! I have discovered something rather interesting, that could potentially be a cool thing to look out for when you wanna spice up your UI. (Hopefully no one else got to this before me)

If you add a UIGradient object to the UIStroke object directly, well, surprise surprise, the colors do work, but the transparency sequence on the UIGradient is what I wanna focus on specifically. Here’s the effect it has with a before and after.

Before UIGradient was added to UIStroke

After UIGradient was added to UIStroke

The effect is subtle but can provide a lot of different possibilities if you mess with the transparency sequence on the UIGradient object.

For the sake of Roblox not being all mad at me, I have to tell you the steps to get to the effect above even though I just did. There’s only two steps:

• Add a UIGradient object to the UIStroke object
  • Mess with the UIGradient’s transparency sequence.

Will this affect performance heavily? Hell if I know, maybe someone from their staff team can address it. Enjoy! ^^

18 Likes

thanks for the tip

I tested the colors and they work fine as well? make sure to set the UIStroke’s Color property to 255, 255, 255 though

4 Likes

Oop, maybe i was too blind or something haha, good thing though, will update the post, thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip this is going to improve my UI designing

1 Like