UITransitions Library

Greetings, I would like to show you a little project of mine. I present to you:

UITransitions Library (UIT)

What does it do?
UIT Library is a set of pre-made UI transitions for your game! Currently, there are 8 available transitions.

Transitions
  1. UIT:Fade()
  2. UIT:LeftSlideFade()
  3. UIT:RightSlideFade()
  4. UIT:CircleFade() - problem with scaling on screens
  5. UIT:RightToLeftFade()
  6. UIT:LeftToRightFade()
  7. UIT:DropDownFade()
  8. UIT: ScreenToScreen() - currently not available
  9. UIT:SpinFade() - work in progress

Showcase
Here is a place where are all of these transitions available:

This library is very customizable, so you can change parameters as length of transition or transition style.

How can I get it?
Do you want to use this library in your game?
Text me here on Devforum and we will talk about it,

Bye for now!
himmerm

8 Likes

It’d be better to open source something that you post on Community Resources, because essentially you are posting something for the community to use for current / future purposes. It’s kind of an unneeded step to just ask you for it, and you don’t disclose any details if people were to use it.

I would also suggest to change some of the names of the Transitions, some of they are misleading and some aren’t even fading and just changing position.

5 Likes

As I mentioned, it is still work in progress and the last thing I want is that someone will steal my work and sell it as his own

This will undoubtedly happen no matter what- at least if you’re planning on making it public.
The best thing you can do to protect your ‘credit’ so to speak is to sign the script(s) involved, and ultimately just point to this post as earliest documentation of this particular library existing as your proof.

2 Likes

Maybe don’t post until you feel ready to open source? This is the community resources category after all, not the cool creations category. I’m not sure if this would fit there either however.

1 Like

This category is specifically for releasing open-source resources. Developers have the option of claiming it as their own or to give credit to those who made the resource.

This isn’t a category to talk about getting this resource potentially. You’re better off posting this in Cool Creations if that’s the route you’re wanting to go.

Refer to this: About the Community Resources category

1 Like

My argument to this is, if I were a hacker I could steal the code from the game you provided. You could move this post to cool creations but community resources is for stuff that everyone can use.

Okay my bad. Should I delete this post somehow?

You are probably looking for the category Cool Creations, this category is mainly for open-sourced resources.

Please move this thread back to the category Cool Creations, or delete the thread

(pssss: open-source > closed-source)

As @nakogls and many others have said, the #help-and-feedback:cool-creations category is where you want to post non-resource showcases. This thread isn’t suitable and you should delete it / move it or a staff member will have to do that for you.

I’ve moved this post to #help-and-feedback:cool-creations as it fits here better for the reasons outlined above.

1 Like