Ultimate UI scaling guide (tutorial)

Recently there has been a lot of trouble with UI Scaling and I have seen many posts on it. Well I am here to teach you about the components of the UI Scaling and the current plugin I use to scale all my UI’s perfectly for every device.

This even scales “TEXT” Too

Step 1. Download this UI Scaling plugin: AutoScale Lite - Roblox

Step 2. unknown (2)

When scaling ONLY Use the scale options Click the top one first, then the bottom. This should not only scale for all devices but it shall scale text too.

Step 3. If this does not scale text then here is another way.

- Learn from this image by clicking on it

When on a button or text label Click the Text Scale button Once you do that it adds a text constraint which should scale it correctly. You’re able to move the text and scale it as well.

If it doesn’t work let me know. I hope this was useful to all of you out here having problems with UI/Text scaling.

If you need me to scale in your game for you, I might be able to but might not as well. So let me know and Ill see what i can do.

Warning make sure you read the whole thing before continuing. :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks for the tutorial. I am already familiar with how it’s done but at least I won’t have to see posts every day like:
why isnt my ui showing properly
ui scaling issue
help with ui sizing

3 Likes

No problem, I saw a lot of these and I figured why not save people time and create a tutorial.

1 Like

Why would you not recommend a constraint? They are great for maintaining the same shape, such as keeping a square a square, and not making it a rectangle when it scaled.

1 Like

You can, however the scaling might not be how you want it.

Do you happen to be experienced in scaling UIs properly without a plugin doing all the work?

1 Like

I don’t see what is wrong by using a plugin. What do you want him to do? To manually calculate the Scale?

2 Likes

Plugins are here to use it, I am using even Plus and Nightly version of this plugin and it is time saver so like somebody said before I don’t see reason why not use it.

If somebody came across this - everytime parent UI objects to transparent Frame and then you can add constraint to it or to the childrens of the transparent frame the formula for calculating UIAspectRatioConstraint is AbsoluteSize.X/AbsoluteSize.Y

1 Like

There was never anything wrong with using a plugin, I was just curious.

1 Like

Basically what I am trying to say is… In some cases you can use a UIAspectRatioConstraint. But some of the times it isn’t necessary. But in some harsh cases, yes you may need to add a constraint. Like on a scrolling frame.

I do have experience with scaling the UI’s manually, however it doesn’t make any sense because a plugin basically does the same thing for you. Scaling on UI’s You can set the (Scale) or the (Position) in properties. Which is the same thing as what the plugin does. I can help you can scale it right if you want however just know it’s the same thing.

I am well aware of the fact that scaling manually will result in the same way compared to using a plugin. I was just curious if you had expertise in UI instead of just using a plugin without trying to increase your skill (without entirely depending on plugins to get the job done).

This is my own opinion.

Yes, I do have experience in UI Designing and scales. You can check my portfolio on my profile, anyways… Yes I have experience with scaling UI’s.

1 Like

What is the difference between all of them?

Constraints keep a GUI scaled however. When you try to scale it’s width or height you will most likely have a problem, so really adding a constraint should be a final Scale of your game.

Hey, thanks for this tutorial!

I think it’s quite misleading to say that the add constraint feature is not recommended though, it really depends on how you use it.

I personally highly recommend using the Constraint feature, Just make sure to use it in the proper manner and try not to stick it in every single UI Instance as at that point it just isn’t needed.

Dont mind the pages UI, I had just added that and hadn’t got to scaling it yet.

1 Like

Correct, exactly how I am trying to explain it. Thank you!

Sometimes it isn’t recommended but a lot of the time you may want to use it.