Un-anchored part going to sleep when it's not supposed to

Hello! I am currently facing an issue with a part that sleeps when it’s not intended to sleep, I want the part to not sleep when it’s mid air. I’ve tried setting the NetworkOwnership to the player, but I don’t want the part to fall on the server and only on the client, I’ve tried putting a Humanoid inside the part and it didn’t seem to work, I’ve tried setting the velocity to a small insignificant amount so I could try to wake it up but that didn’t work either, so the last solution I thought about was to ask here, so here we are
I’ve tried looking up

The problem: mMbRqiguaJ.gif

1 Like

It seems like it moves only whenever it shoots. You might want to provide the code related to shooting so we can know what the issue might be.

This could be a bug, but before I assume that, can you please provide the code?

It might also be because the temperature is super cold.

Try this.

It uses a little velocity to keep the object awake. Since your part is moving downwards, maybe change the velocity to something else than -0.08 (line 14). :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s just an instance that spawns an object, which spawning the object makes it wake up, but then it immediately goes back to sleep, I also tried this with a box without the turret and it still didn’t work sadly

I don’t think it’s a bug since it showed that it slept in the air, by the box being highlighted in red, also yeah it might be that the temperature is cold :sunglasses: