Unable to access game data

whenever publishing a place in a universe, game data will attempt to reload, but will hang for a couple of minutes until this error occurs
Capture
The game data then defaults to publish this place to load game data. This bug occurs every time and in every place inside the game; and it also happens to everyone that has edit permissions to the universe

This happens in places from Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom: ROBLOX Edition and does not occur in any other places utilizing game data that I have access to.

This bug is very detrimental to our game as it utilizes linked sources due to a very high place count, as a consequence of this bug, new linked sources cannot be created and any modifications made to existing linked sources will not be saved. It also disables uploading images, meshes, etc. from studio, and badges cannot be created from studio.

I’m experiencing this with the Notoriety game as well. It makes it especially hard to open existing places in the universe because studio recently changed from showing places to just showing games. (Although I can get around this by clicking the ‘edit’ dropdown on the actual place on the website).
As for the linked sources, this is a big deal for me as well, as I also utilize them due to my high place count.

It should also be noted for me that this dialog appears when I load the place in studio. I haven’t tried publishing on that game yet.

1 Like

Can you send me a link to your place? Are there any other actions you’re performing, or just trying to publish the place? How are you publishing? What OS are you on?

I assume there is something wrong with the universe itself, as it happens to everyone in the dev group and we all have a different OS. It happens any time game data attempts to load (loading up the place, publishing, attempting to reload, etc.) and it happens in all places from this universe: https://www.roblox.com/games/357598580/Spongebob-Battle-for-Bikini-Bottom-ROBLOX-Edition

I have also had this issue occur to a game of mine, it prevents me from creating, editing or removing any assets in the Game Explorer in Studio, it also prevents any LinkedSources from running both in studio and online (acting as if they don’t exist), this has been happening for over a month now. Luckily it was only happening on a side project of mine, still extremely annoying though when I decide to edit it or make an update, the universe is located here.

Looks like it might be because some of the assets are not approved. Can you verify all of the assets in that error message are not moderated?

One asset is moderated. Regardless this seems like extremely undesired behavior

Which asset is moderated? I’ll see if I can repro this in a different game.

assetgame.roblox.com/asset/?id=561481285

If you add that asset to an empty place, does that place start to have the same issue?

no. I would probably need to upload a new asset through studio into a published place and have it moderated to achieve the same effect