Unable to access ROBLOX Studio whilst banned?

My account has recently been smacked with a 3-Day DMCA ban. ( Of which I’m attempting to appeal against. )

However, even on an ALT I am unable to access Rblx Studio to continue with my developing.
Upon inital loading I’m faced with the signing in screen with the following caption:

Following this, once I enter in my credentials I am faced with:

5 Likes

That’s what she’s just said the problem was.

However, even on an ALT I am unable to access Rblx Studio to continue with my developing.

I don’t really know how It works @KossmoZ but It sounds like something to do with temporarily blacklisting you IP?

1 Like

Unsure as of yet, still awaiting confirmation from Rblx Staff in regards to what exactly has been DMCA’d.

Have you had any inappropriate names / models featured in any of your games at all? Or trying to By pass the filter stuff like that.

Uncertain as of yet.
I recieved a warning some time ago in regards to a group I made dating back half a decade; that I left; and no longer have access to. I forgot it even existed until I recieved my warning.

Is the content deemed as inappropriate on the warning when you log into roblox?

Issue is, it could easily be something I made in my early days of ROBLOX.

3 Likes

Don’t think it’s really a bug, has happened to me once.
Have you tried one of these solutions?

Ok, this helps out a lot. When it comes to claimed material, in this day and age ROBLOX has to take it very serious. It is only a 3 day ban, but since some company out there has said that you are using their “property”, roblox legally has to take it down to avoid any legal issues that could arise if they were to ignore it. Which could explain why you cannot access roblox studio, to avoid more of the same claimed materials to get out. I do think this could be easily appealed if you know for certain whatever is subject to the ban is your original designs and not a copy paste remake of someone else’s content whether in roblox or from another game. The only thing you can do is be patient and ride it out, it will be over quick and there is a high possibility for it being erased from your record.

1 Like

My issue with the situation is after enquiring about my first warning, I was told it was from a group / game set I had made close to 5 years ago; after joining DevForum and practicing developing myself, I since closed the groups and games in question and essentially left them to waste-away. I had completely forgotten about their existence until I enquired about my first warning.

I have now received this 3 day ban and my worry is its for a similar situation. I fear my account eventually being terminated for being unable to remove assets I literally can no longer access. :confused:

I don’t believe you could get a ban due to something that is un-accessible to yourself. If you cannot access it, then the people who want to claim your content as theirs could not have accessed it either. If you are right about this to, it sounds like the moderators will be deleting what is in question anyways, after your 3 day ban still try to appeal because this sounds like a big mix up.

1 Like

Thank you! For a post about RBLX Studio this turned into moral support! xD
I am grateful,

I seem to have found a work-around for my access anyway,
rather than accessing Rblx Studio through the .exe app, if I were to go to my profile > Create > ‘Edit’ the chosen place then I am able to do so.

8 Likes

UPDATE:

After being able to re-activate my account; I have a message from ROBLOX confirming the situation.

HOWEVER - Three weeks PRIOR to this; ROBLOX had issued me with a warning in regards to the game and group { dating back many moons } to which I had enquired with them and they had ensured me - Even through the warning - that the content HAD been removed; so, my question is - Is this now two strikes to my account? And who / where do I put in a complaint?

Support for appeals and inquiring about strike status AFAIK.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.