Unable to approve previously uploaded audio to new experience

Since the introduction of experience-locked audio, I have had many issues with audio approving. The tools provided by Roblox are not in an acceptable state, and many assets that I have uploaded over the years on previous projects are becoming hard-locked.

1. To start, the Discover Audio plugin misses many audio instances in my project. These are audios that I personally have uploaded (either on my group or on my personal account). They simply do not show up in the explorer window. I have tried representing these audios as both a table of rbxassetid strings, and as individual Sound instances. Neither are able to be discovered.

2. Secondly, in the past there was at least a way I could manually approve these sounds within studio. Previously I could individually click any line-item in the picture below, and an approval window would pop up for each one. Not ideal, but at least I could approve them. Lately, these are no longer clickable.

3. Thirdly, in the past I used to be able to publish to a new place, or publish over an existing place, and force the “grant audio” popup to show. This does work in some places, but not in all places that I have edit access to. The last 3 games I have tried to work on have had this issue, and I cannot approve any audio (some on the original group the audio was even uploaded to, some on other groups).

4. Finally, the new creator dashboard for approving sounds is not working for any sound I have tried it on. It visually adds the experience id to the list of approved experiences, but when I refresh the page it is no longer there:

Example audios:
(Group Upload, under my account) Audio/Explosion_Distant - Roblox
(Personal upload) Audio/Generic01 (1) - Roblox

Expected behavior

I expect to be able to approve my audio on places that I have edit access to.
For example:

• places under the very same group that the audio was uploaded to
  • places under a group that I am the owner of
  • places under a group I have the ability to edit games in.

A private message is associated with this bug report

10 Likes
  • places under the very same group that the audio was uploaded to

This NEEDS to be a standard. I cannot tell you how many times my workflow has been interrupted because of the inability to transfer between group places.

If I remember correctly, this has been discussed in other posts and Roblox still has not addressed it.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi is there any update? I would really like to use the sounds that I have paid for.

2 Likes

Yes this issue is also occurring for me. Makes it impossible to seamlessly configure audio in a separate world, and transfer it to the actual game.

3 Likes

Hello @Howimetted Is there an update on this? This is very needed functionality.

2 Likes

Tbh it would be alot better if the system automatically grants any audio you made when you have access to a game. The current workflow of getting the universe id and adding it to the sound just takes up time that could’ve went to something better.

2 Likes

Regardless of what is better, we need a way to actually* do it. We are unable to approve many sounds that we own. I dont want to re-purchase, re-upload, and reconfigure hundreds of audios in my projects.

3 Likes

Yea the current system pisses me off, its the single biggest flaw of Roblox developing. (Audio management)

2 Likes

Thanks for your patience on this one.

1. The audio discovery plugin is going to be fixed this week. Here is the bug we found with it: Audio discovery stopped working - #15 by NightlyShores. Please follow that thread for further updates!

2. This one we’re aware of and plan to fix early next year. Apologies for the wait - this one more complicated to fix.

3. & 4. These both should be fixed in the recent update: New Asset Privacy and Permissions Features for Audio and Video. Please open new bugs related to the new UIs if you find issues with them!

We’ll keep this bug report open in order to track updates for #2.

#3 is still not fixed. I just published my place and no prompt was given for approving my audios.
#4 is still not fixed. I used the UI to grant permission for my audio. Same scenario as the video in my original post:

Afterwards, reloaded place to confirm no access:
RobloxStudioBeta_2023-12-13_19-30-07

Here is a video showing cross-experience publishing to force permission popup (not working)

2 Likes

For #4, you must press “Save changes” at the bottom to apply the changes. Can you try it out and see if that fixes it?

I believe this solves #4. I didn’t recall a button there before.

One change to note is that previously a current list of approved experiences was listed (see video in OP), whereas now the experience-list is empty upon each page refresh. However, this still seems to work at approving the sound now; I no longer see errors for that exact asset id.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. I’ll speak with the team on whether we can make the UI better there.

We decided to remove the list of approved experiences in the previous update:

However you can still verify whether your experience has access by entering the universe ID again, or going to the experience permissions page.

For #3, we no longer show the pop up to grant permissions during cross-publishing. It will automatically grant permissions the experience currently has to the target experience.

We no longer crawl the place data model to grant these audio permissions. The team is looking into whether we will bring it back.

Would this fix also include automatically approving group audios for group placed? Its currently a big bottleneck in our development workflow.

1 Like