Unable to assigns API key permissions to our public game in Open Cloud

When trying to create an API Key, I am unable to assign Place Publishing permission to certain Experiences.

Repro

Confirm my account is assigned to a role with Administer all group API key.

Then:

1. Click Credentials via the Creator Dashboard.
  2. Select Create API Key.
  3. Fill in details, under Access Permissions, click Add API section.
  4. Type Splash in experience search.
  5. Our public game doesn’t appear in these results (only various private experience we have created)

This is a link to the public game: SPLASH ⭐ Skate & Music - Roblox

The issue has been ongoing since Open Cloud was launched. I have mentioned it a few times on the forums, but I haven’t formally opened a ticket until now.

Thanks team!

Hi @lexandstuff, thanks for reporting the issue, the team is looking into it!

Can you confirm that you have the “Create and edit group experiences” enabled for the group?

Also have you tried typing out the full name of the experience and does it show up then?

Typing the exact name doesn’t work (I have tried removing the emoji from the name to no avail):

Create and edit group experiences is enabled for my Role:

Hi @lexandstuff!

Thank you for your patience on this issue as well as the information you have provided so far.

The search here returns the top ten results based on the search query entered, and is similar to the search functionality in studio. Are you able to search for your game in studio?

Searching in studio works fine. I’ve used a simple query: “Splash Skate”

You can see that our game is returned in Studio, but not when searching via Open Cloud.

I see, interesting. Also just double checking, have you selected the group you want to create an API key for in the top left creator dropdown?

Yep. The group is selected.

I know the group is selected because some of our development Experiences are showing in the search box, just not our public main one. If I change the search to Splash, you can see that some of our group owned Experiences show up:

But if change to Splash Skate (or anything that should match our main game), nothing shows up.

Ok, thanks for the screenshot!

What I can try to do is tweak the search limit on creator dashboard to return the top 20 results instead of the top 10- maybe your game will come up under the more generic ‘splash’ query if the limit is a bit higher. I’m not sure why the other query isn’t working- I can reach out to our search team later to see if they know anything.

Also, out of curiosity, are you able to find this game under /creations on creator dashboard for your group?

Yep. It shows up

@lexandstuff Good afternoon!

I tweaked our game search parameters and bumped up the API limit a bit to try and help you find your game. Can you try again? You can also try an empty query “” to get the same output you would on /creations

Thank you! If I search for just Skate I find our public in there! Nice.

Believe it or not, searching for Splash still doesn’t return our public game. I think it’s because we have too many other games with the world Splash in the title.

Anyway, from my perspective, the bug is sorted - we can now use Open Cloud!!!

Thank you.

Awesome! That’s great to hear. :slight_smile: