Unable to change the group info section

In a group of mine, I seem to be unable to actually change the group info section at all. Through testing, I believe I know what causes this bug, which occurs every time. Whenever I click the save button to change the group info, the admin page is reloaded and I’m sent to the members section. From there, if I go to the group information section, the old text is still present. When checking the audit log, no logs are present for the information being changed. I have currently tried adding a few characters to the current description, removing some characters, completing changing the entire text, and completely removing the text, none of which have worked. I am currently using the latest version of Chrome and the only extension that I have that changes the site (Roblox+) also didn’t do anything when it was disabled. From what it seems, this issue is only occurring within my group.

The following images are images of the group info section in order of when they were taken:

The top most log in the audit log is from over two hours ago, despite my efforts to try to change the group info several times.

4 Likes

I currently have BC.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a bug. When you don’t have BC, you technically shouldn’t be owning a group, so they block you from making changes like that.

It shouldn’t be like that though, if you bought a group validly while you had BC you should be able to keep all permissions you had when you had BC.

3 Likes

Maybe, but it encourages people to keep their BC subscriptions going.

1 Like

@Fusbot @Yeita Given how this is unintentional behavior, it’s clearly a bug. I’m fairly certain that having BC doesn’t actually matter with this issue at all. This is a serious thread about an issue that I feel like should be investigated further, not a mere discussion about it.

4 Likes

I’ve already isolated that this issue only seems to happen with my group.

This is a bug report thread intended for reporting a bug that is affecting OP, and not for discussion that is not relevant to the main post.

3 Likes

This bug has actually been around for quite some time, if I recall correctly. The ability to set blank descriptions for groups was oddly removed, so I’m not too sure that it is a bug. It has nothing to do with membership, it’s the actual thing itself.

Try saving, per chance, a single character instead of a blank description and see if that changes anything. I experience this issue personally amongst all my groups.

2 Likes