Unable to Chat on Mobile

As the name suggests, people using the Roblox mobile app are currently unable to use the built-in chat feature.

It appears as if the text box is either being covered by something, or is simply failing to load. Mobile users are not completely unable to use chat, however, as if you open the site with your mobile browser and select “request desktop website”, you can chat just fine.

(Browser being used here is Safari)

Notably, this seemed to start occurring around the same time group chats were updated to be able to list every time a user changed the chat name. First seen occurring at around 8:00 PM CDT

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for reporting and sorry that youre encountering this issue.

Could you tell me what kind of device you’re using? It looks like it may be an iPad, what version and OS version is your iPad? That can help us track down if we can reproduce it on specific devices.

Likewise, if you restart your iPad and/or redownload the Roblox app from the app store, does the issue persist?

If you could take a video of yourself launching the app and navigating to chat as well, that would help a lot. A screenshot of the More > About page will also contain some build information if you could share that as well. (You can DM me these directly if you want to avoid sharing information about your private conversations)

2 Likes

iPadOS version being used is 17.6.1, and it is an iPad 9th generation. Restarting or redownloading doesn’t appear to do anything. I can also confirm that I am not the only one that’s been experiencing this issue, others I’ve chatted with have been experiencing this as well.

A workaround has also been found: clicking the very bottom of the screen where the text box would normally be allows it to be used.

I’ll see if I can get back to you with a video if necessary!

1 Like

We’ve attempted to reproduce this issue ourselves on a variety of iPad devices and have been unsuccessful so far.

A video demonstrating the issue would be a huge help!

1 Like

It seems to have been resolved! Not quite sure when this happened, but I just noticed it today.

1 Like

Great news! Though spooky, we’ve been having the hardest time trying to get this to happen on a variety of our own devices. Thanks for the follow up.

If it happens again, feel free to follow up or make another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.