Unable to connect to any Team Create session for last 24 hours

Reproduction Steps

Since about 24 hours ago, I have been unable to connect to any Team Create place across different groups and different accounts. I receive messages similar to this:

I am currently inside the PRC (China), and using a VPN to connect to Roblox. This has been working fine for awhile, so I do not think VPN is the issue. I have also tried changing VPN locations (France, Germany, Canada, USA, Japan), Coincidentally or not, this appears to have started when Roblox did some changes to Team Create yesterday (from announcements), but am not certain.

I have tried loading games that I own, games that I have access to (in other groups), and logging in to other accounts and loading games. It appears anything with team create can no longer load. I have had a friend of mine log in to a game that we both own and turn off team create. It seems for some experience after Team Create is turned off I am able to join. I tried with some other experiences but still am unable to connect. Experiences that have never had Team Create enabled seem to load without issue (I’ve tested around 20 or so experiences). Realistically turning off team create is not an option for me, as I work with a lot of other team-members simultaneously.

Basic System Information:
MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
Chip Apple M1 Pro
Memory 16 GB
(System report available upon request)

Beta Features:
Accessory Fitting Tool
CSG Version 3
Face Capture
Intuitive Debugger
Live Animation Creator
New Text Chat Service
Save Rig With Animation
Scripts Non Strict By Default
Selection and Navigation Improvements In Explorer

The most critical experience that I need to work is:

Expected Behavior

Studio to load in to the game normally.

Actual Behavior

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/917543158689202196/1070895752483704912/Screen_Shot_2023-02-03_at_10.37.06_AM.png

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-02 00:02:00 (+08:00)

11 Likes

Hi @orange451, we are sorry that you are facing issues with Team Create and we are currently investigating the issue. Our logs corroborates with your report but we will need to dig deeper to find and resolve the root cause. We would reach out to you if we need to get more information to debug this issue. Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

@orange451 are you still encountering issues with Team Create now? We had some issues with our servers that was recently resolved and we were wondering if that was related.

1 Like

Still appears to be an issue:

One thing to note, is that the experience in the above picture has Team Create disabled, which is in contrast to the verbiage displayed. Everyone on the team left the place to force the team create session to close. They can rejoin, and edit locally, but I cannot. Not sure if this helps in your debug process or not.

5 Likes

Just to keep this thread up-to-date. Still an issue:

It is still happening. And an update to this, I can’t even join normal published places (with team create turned off). Very problematic.

This has been happening to my friends as well.

1 Like

The problem was fixed for the day, but now it’s happening once again as well as not being able to join games.

ID=17 | ERROR CODE=279

- in games

Hi @orange451

Sorry that you are running into this issue. There’s no clear failure pattern on that place id in our internal logs. I would guess it’s a general connectivity issue with your current setup/location.

TC games definitely have higher network requirements and use a UDP connection (as oppose to just http), so that might explain why non TC games have higher success rate. Are you able to play roblox games? Those use the same type of connection as TC. Having said that I see you aren’t able to join cloud games anymore either :(. I also see http failures on our end for that place id.

Are you able to use a different VPN? It does seem that some folks are able to use studio over VPN
in PRC internally. Every VPN is different.

During the past 72-48 hours, the collaboration places will not open at all as well as show an ID=17 and ERROR CODE=279 for joining games. Sometimes, the game would load for over an hour without any message popping up. I’ve tried VPN a while ago but didn’t work.

During the past 24 hours though, everything worked fine, the games and studio. It just started happening again a few minutes ago.

@AridTheDev can you provide some context such that we can clearly understand both your connection issue and orange451s. Are you also in PRC using VPN? I think connecting to Roblox without a VPN from PRC might be unstable at best.

As I stated in my original post I’ve tried different VPN locations. This does not make sense as an internet issue as the experience I am trying to join is not a Team Create place. We turned Team create off and the problem is persisting. I’ve been here for weeks connecting to the same experience without issue.

Yes I can play roblox games. I can play online the very same game that I cannot edit in Studio.

I am pretty sure that is a VPN issue, cause the issue fixed once I have changed my connection from the VPN towards USA to an third-party one like UU in PRC.

I’m not in PRC. Since, I was having issues I tried to use VPN. Though, I can’t find any ways to reproduce it to others.

Plus, I don’t have a bad connection which could cause this error:

It is now working for the previously soft-locked experiences. No changes to my home network. No changes to my VPN location/server.

Hi @AridTheDev and @orange451, are you still encountering issues with joining Team Create with / without VPN?

As of the moment, not anymore. Pretty sure the issue was fixed after maybe 1 week. Will knock if it happens again though.

1 Like

This issue just started happening to me, I tried restarting studio and my computer. So far nothing has worked.

3 Likes

Hi @OliveGord, is this issue still happening to you now?

1 Like

This is resolved for me. Havent had issues since mid February.

2 Likes