58587769349aa12eebe23adec35dea0d
21b04a8636e5dc625a2eb386138f69d9
System Information:

810f8d90b7f6df37958181b958ea6f9a
Reproduction steps:
Try to join a game, any game.
Try to edit a game, any game.

Expected Behavior

I should be able to connect to the game and I should be able to edit my game in studio.

Actual Behavior

21b04a8636e5dc625a2eb386138f69d9
58587769349aa12eebe23adec35dea0d
If you try to join the game or edit the game, you will receive an error, and be unable to do so.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-04 12:02:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-04 12:02:00 (-05:00)

6 Likes

This is a site-wide thing too. Apparently the site occasionally fails to load or load slower.

1 Like

I believe it’s happening to all of us now, roblox seems to be working on it

1 Like

Please highlight the seems, like SEEMS

We’re aware and working on it.

Please check https://status.roblox.com/ for current status and updates.

7 Likes

Seems like this became a tradition, happens every weekend.

5 Likes

You have to be kidding me. I spent $$$ on ads, and the platform decides to go nuts again on Saturday.

3 Likes

Please look at the status…

2 Likes

This has to be the roughest site ever

1 Like

“Shutdown Saturday is a traditional thing now”

1 Like

I’m assuming for security reasons Roblox can’t give specifics, but I’d be interested to know more details about why things are going down. The status page doesn’t exactly tell me.

Is there a place, maybe a blog post, where I can find more in-depth information as to why Roblox goes down? (on a case-by-case basis)

they update roblox which breaks the website sadly they cant just make a new website and push everyone there if they did they would loose everyone’s if not some peoples items since most of us has been around since tix was a think and when they have gave out Christmas presents that was redeemed for items thats what i was told i roughly 2 years ago but dont take my word for it

1 Like

Making a new website wouldn’t fix anything, they’d have to change all their brands and buy a new domain and all that jazz, plus they would still use the same servers.

well when i was told that the first think that came to mind is for all those items thats not able to be obtainable anymore from the past if they were to be able to make a new website i dont think its possible for them to just back up those items for players becuse everyday roblox gets over a new billion people playing which stresses the servers out and could be a reason they went down

I think why it goes down is because of the amount of users active. They work on an update, test it, but your testing can only go so far. Once you have 100,000,000 users active at one time theres probably gonna be an issue that they couldent test.

1 Like

These incidents generally are caused by the massive and rapidly growing scale that Roblox is operating at. Our engineers constantly iterate on the architecture to remove bottlenecks and points of failure.

Please reach out to our customer support team at roblox.com/support so they can investigate your concern.

2 Likes

This incident is resolved, thanks for the report and feel free to file new bug reports for other issues.

6 Likes