Unable to copy & paste sounds

It seems that I am unable to copy and paste sounds in studio.

This issue is exclusive to sounds, I am able to copy and paste parts and folders.

Beta Features

• Aerodynamics
  • Assistant Preview
  • Dragger QoL Improvements
  • EditableImage and EditableMesh
  • Face Capture
  • Grass Length Customisation
  • Live Animation Creator
  • Material Generator
  • Material Picker
  • Multilayer Wrap Fix
  • New Audio API
  • New Base Materials
  • New Studio Camera Controls
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Path2D Instance
  • Scripts are non-script by default.
  • Simulation Pause
  • Terrain Editor
  • Texture Generator
  • UIListLayout Flex Features
  • Updated ROBLOX Controls
  • Video Uploads

System Info:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700K
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti
32 GB Memory

Video
Video attached privately due to it containing confidential information//IP.

Expected behavior

Expected to be able to copy and paste sounds into the places I wish.

A private message is associated with this bug report

I am experiencing the same issue.

To further elaborate, I specifically cannot use both the “Paste Into” and “Paste” feature for Sounds. Both CTRL+Shift+V / CTRL+V & Right-Click > Paste Into / Paste.

When using, sometimes it instead moves the sound into workspace, or it disappears entirely. Based on my observation, these are how each cases are determined:

1. Disappear Entirely / Not Pasted at all: Create a new sound, Copy / CTRL+C or Cut / CTRL+X, Paste (CTRL+V or CTRL+SHIFT+V)

2. Automatically moved to workspace: Copy a sound that has an ID, Paste.

Beta Features:

• Material Generator
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Terrain Editor
  • Updated Roblox Controls
  • Video Uploads

A workaround at the moment is instead to duplicate, then drag & drop manually through explorer.

Pasting entire folders / SoundGroup / any other parent instances with the sounds as childrens seems to behave correctly.

This post be related, however was said that it’d be fixed a month ago: Cannot copy and paste sound object

The workaround is inconvenient in situations where you need to paste your copied sound under multiple objects at once.

Hopefully ROBLOX fixes soon :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

FYI: This issue seems to be related to the “SoundId” property. The pasting behaviour differs depending on if you have a soundid (and if that sound id is valid).

For example, I am unable to paste a sound which has an EMPTY sound id. I am also unable to paste a sound with a sound id of “rbxassetid://0”

However, I AM able to paste a sound with a sound id of “rbxassetid://123456789”.

My experience with this occurs even if the sound ID is valid and plays fine - in this case, it does paste the sound, just not into the specific instance you want it to. For example if I paste it into a folder in workspace, it just pastes it in workspace.

(For any engineers wanting to view my post and its examples: "Paste Into" doesn't work for Sound instances)

Hey All,
This should be fixed!

2 Likes

Can confirm this is fixed. Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.