Unable to download roblox

Hi, I recently deleted roblox because I had a power surge in my house which closed a running instance of roblox corrupting it. At first I deleted it to reinstall it later on but now that I do, the installer download does not appear at all!

This usually has never happened because my pc has closed many times during a power surge and roblox doesn’t get corrupted, yes, even when it is running, but this is the first time. My studio was not able to open any game files and my game was taking immensily long time to load which yet again is not common. After which I deleted roblox by going to it’s directory in appdata/local, deleted it from there.

I have tried running sfc /scannow to fix all corrupted files and rebooted my pc and my router many times now but still to no avail. Usually it takes like 1 or 3 seconds to pop up but it simply seems to never pop up at all. Any ideas why?

3 Likes

It seems like Chrome is not starting the download immediately, you can try to invoke it by clicking on that link on the download prompt:

1 Like

You have Roblox installed, you literally just told chrome that you didn’t want to open it…

1 Like

did you try playing other games?

Did a lot of times. No work.

Omg thank you Einstein I didn’t know that! // sarcasm. Seems you didn’t read my post thoroughly. Or you have never tried deleting roblox. Please respond only if you know what the issue is. Else, we definitely won’t have any help.

Will it really do anything? And yes, I did.

Also FYI: I reported this to a Roblox staff member. Let’s see what they will say about this.

1 Like

I haven’t seen you say that you reinstalled roblox. Can you uninstall and install roblox again?

Ahem, pardon me sir! It seems that I have forgot! Oh! Silly me!

PLEASE! READ THE TOPIC CAREFULLY!!! Then try to help.

He is true, in the video, you pressed “cancel” and you have roblox installed, if you don’t have it, then it wouldn’t appear

Ok. Uninstall roblox, delete the Roblox folder at %localappdata% in your file system, and then reinstall.

Have you tried completely uninstalling Roblox, clearing all traces of it entirely? Still will not explain why the download is not starting, can you open a Command Prompt, run cd Downloads && curl -O https://setup.rbxcdn.com/version-70a2467227df4077-RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe? After it finishes, check your Downloads folder and run the RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe executable.

1 Like

Same as you are, you clearly haven’t done your research. Please read what the open button says. If you would know, that still appears even if you have roblox or not. I personally, don’t know what it really means but it basically symbolizes that roblox existed on said device but now does not. Clicking the button would do absolutely nothing.

That’s what’s not working! It doesn’t matter if you have roblox or not but the link should still download the roblox installer no matter what!

Yes, I actually searched my entire pc for any roblox related files and demolished them all.

Hmmm, this looks, promising. I’ll check it out the first thing tomorrow.

When you install a program/application it may install files in more locations. When you uninstall a program/application, it should delete all normally relevant files on it’s own, this includes the file that tells your browser it can open Roblox through a protocol “Open URL: Roblox Protocol”. If you delete files manually, you may be missing some things the uninstaller would take care of. If it’s uninstalled properly, the browser shouldn’t ask you to open the program/application as it should no longer exist.

Roblox also specifically checks for this, if it can’t find the Roblox Protocol, it will provide you the download Roblox prompt.

It is however possible that files get corrupted, including files that even the uninstaller may not take care of, or that the installer will be able to fix. If no solution works and you are unable to uninstall Roblox through Windows Apps & Features or Control Panel. I may suggest the option of deleting all Roblox files in all locations they may be, as well registry keys for Roblox. If this doesn’t work, I hope other solutions may work out for you.

1 Like

I did used the search option to find all roblox files, though, a few gave some wrrors which really don’t matter. Thanks for clarifying what actually happens here though! I hope the 2 people saying I have it installed now know thag I don’t.

1 Like

clear cookies/browsing data for chrome

Sorry for responding after 9 days haha. I had exams so I was really busy. Though, they aren’t over but I had a day off so here I am! Anyways, it worked flawlessly! Thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.