Unable to favorite and unfavorite games on my account

When I try to favorite any game on Roblox that I want to save for later, it no longer allows me to favorite the game. Nothing happens visually when I press the favorite button.

Here are my favorites: Favorites - Roblox

When I try to favorite any place at all it will not allow me, no matter how many times I click the favorite button. I get a response back with error code 429.

It also happens when trying to unfavorite any game.

45 Likes

A “429” indicates that you are being throttled because too many favoriting and unfavoriting requests have been coming from your account. Typically this should only be triggered if you try to favorite or unfavorite more than 1000 games in a minute, which obviously would be hard to do manually. Can you confirm that you are still seeing this behavior now? If not, it may have just been a glitch in the throttling system and hopefully things will be good from now on. If you are still seeing the exact same problem, let us know and we will do some more investigation to try to figure out why you are being throttled all the time.

24 Likes

Can you check if the issue is fixed for you now?

7 Likes

I’d like to bring this topic back. There’s still an issue. After I unfavorite 1 game, it won’t let me unfavorite any other games. I am also getting a 429 error.

11 Likes

Yes that happens because you have hit the “rate limit”. It is common practice to enforce a limit on how many times a user can use an API to manage resources and prevent misuse. Your only option is to wait some time between favorites/unfavorites. This is not a bug its a feature. When this happens just wait a few minutes between each use of the favorite feature and it will work again then.

13 Likes

Im pretty sure this didn’t happen so what other things can trigger this?

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure this isn’t related to unfavouriting too much games, as I haven’t done so in a long time.
As you can see here, I haven’t favourited this game, but it still appears in my prorfile.

And yes, I did refresh the page. i haven’t favourited this game in a long time, and favouriting it and unfavouriting it does nothing as I’ve tried it already.

7 Likes

I thought this was because of an extension. Turns out to be not. I was trying to unfavorite all my games but after doing it for a bit, I am not able to. image
I can legit guarantee that I haven’t been through 1000 games in that time span.

EDIT: It works now after a few minutes

9 Likes

I had a similar problem, but I only had 10 favorites. But it was resolved by deleting the browsing data. It was the same error, without a special code, and the browser stopped working.

4 Likes

I cannot favorite, unfavorite, like, dislike, or unlike any game. I tried on mobile, and it will “like” it, but the like will not actually save; however, clicking the button on pc doesn’t even do anything. I don’t like games frequently, so I don’t know why I would be throttled

8 Likes

Yeah, I had the same issue as the original poster. I was unfavouriting about like 10 games then it got throttled not 1000. 10…

Really strange, I thought I’d find an answer to this issue I was thinking it was a rare bug but looks like lots of people are having the same issue.

6 Likes

I’ve been having a near identical bug for several months also, however instead of not being able to favourite/unfavorite I’m unable to like or dislike games, and there’s no error in the chrome console.

4 Likes

Has there been a fix found for this?

4 Likes

Currently experiencing this issue on my end. Any fix?

3 Likes

The current and only option is to just wait a few minutes before continuing.

4 Likes

This is still an issue in July, just removed some of my favorites (about 5) and now it won’t let me unfavorite games anymore. Please bring back this topic!

8 Likes

Could this please be fixed? I am not able to unfavorite Outlaster for some reason. If I add this game again to my favorites it would show double. I would like to remove Outlaster completly from my favorite list.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue with my account but I can’t like or unlike games

2 Likes

Experiencing this issue with 3 games, so frustrating!
Whenever I favorite it, it would go to #1 on favorites, and if i unfavorite, it would go back to its original spot.

(No intentions to bump this topic)

3 Likes

UPDATE: Found a way around it:

Go to your profile and access your favorites there. Press “Favorites” and select the game. It will show that you have it favorited. Simply, unfavorite it there and the issue is resolved.

5 Likes