Unable to favorite items

For the past few weeks, I’ve been unable to favorite anything on my account.
However, I can still unfavorite all types of items, besides experiences.

I’m not sure exactly when this issue started occurring, but it was sometime around 4 weeks ago (as of 5/21/2023).

This issue only seems to be happening on my account (xyrafrost). I can still favorite items on other accounts.

Repro

• Be logged into my account, or someone else who has this issue
  • Visit the details page of an experience, asset, or bundle, and click the favorite button
  • Check your favorites and notice that the item isn’t there

The favorite button will still visually update, but refreshing the item page will show that it’s not favorited. There aren’t any error messages, either.

I can still favorite/unfavorite experiences if I use the mobile/universal app. However, this only works for experiences, not other assets.

What I’ve tried

None of these worked to fix the issue.

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer
19 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

I have the same issue since middle of April, this is really annoying.

2 Likes

As of 6/13/2023, I’m able to favorite assets and bundles again, but not experiences.
However, I can still use the mobile/universal app for experiences, as mentioned in the original report.

Is anyone else still having this issue?

2 Likes

I’m able favorite assets again but still can’t favorite experiences like your issue.
Also, seem like I can’t like or dislike experiences and models even from the studio.

2 Likes

This issue has returned for me as of 6/24/2023. I can’t favorite anything anymore.

3 Likes

I have had the same issue for months now, I can unfavorite assets and experiences but I cannot favorite them.

2 Likes

it would probably be helpful if you’d sent a screenshot of your network and console tab (on devtools) after pressing favorite

1 Like

It’s always a 200 response, but the item is never favourited.

It does it on the mobile app and website on every device, on WIFI, Data or with a VPN, and its only this account. I can favourite things perfectly fine on my alts.

Oh and the same thing happens when liking or disliking an experience.

6 Likes

The exact same thing has been happening to me for 3 months now. I looked through old posts about this on the devforum and most people have solved their issue by simply waiting a few days. However, it didn’t work for me.

This sounds nearly identical to Game Ratings Not Saving (see also: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/unable-to-rate-experiences/) but instead of ratings, it’s favorites.

Don’t expect this to be fixed any time soon, to say the least.

Are your alts linked to the same email as your main? After experimenting, it seems like I can’t like/favorite with accounts linked to a certain email.

I just tried liking a game and favoriting a hat on two different alts that share the same verified email as my main account and it worked on both of them. My main account is still unable to rate/favorite stuff.

1 Like

The alts I checked are all on the same email as this account and they work fine.
It’s just this account for me that has the issue.

1 Like

I’m glad I found this because this has been happening to me for months but not to any of my friends. It’s making me very mad I can’t favorite anything. I can’t favorite on Safari (mobile) or on anything on my PC, even on ALTs. I can favorite items fine but not places.

I can favorite them fine on the mobile app but even that was broken a few weeks ago, with the bar showing up on the bottom left. I hope this gets fixed soon.

I am getting this issue, as well as not being able to like/dislike games.

Whenever I rate an asset it returns a 200 response but it does nothing at all.

The rating doesn’t update or save at all. Even viewing the page in incognito mode doesn’t show the supposedly “updated rating”

1 Like

i have this issue now please fix

I have been having issues, recently and issue still isnt fixed.

I’m able to favorite items back and also notice I can join groups and follows people without doing bot verify, looks like the bug is fixed.

1 Like

Everything seems to work again for me too. I can favorite assets, bundles, and experiences, and I can also leave ratings on experiences again.

Won’t mark this as a solution yet until it’s pretty much confirmed to actually be fixed, because issues like this have a tendency to come back after a while. I wouldn’t be surprised if this comes back next week.

1 Like