Unable to join a game in VR mode

Reproduction Steps

Join a game via Oculus Air Link (on the Quest 2)
A black screen will appear, and the Roblox client window opens normally on your PC without a toggle for VR mode…

Expected Behavior

I can join VR normally using Air Link, AND Link with a cable seems to be broken now.

Actual Behavior

A black screen appears when the game finishes loading

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

8 Likes

did you turn on VR support for your game?

2 Likes

that game said VR Supported in the title, its the driving together game. its made for VR

https://www.roblox.com/games/5341352600/Self-Driving-Simulator-VR-Non-VR

This is the game by the way, it’s made for VR

Works fine for me.
It asks you to hold both triggers for ~3 seconds, then drops you in the car.

I still dont see it after checking again.

Oculus POV (exactly what you see is what I see minus Guardian, which is why there’s a roughly 30s black screen)

PC POV:

Note that I’m on Windows 11 (despite the modified taskbar), and I’m using Air Link on a Quest 2.

1 Like

This also works fine for me except when i hold my triggers nothing happens ,but i can join the game!.
im using a oculus quest with virtual desktop to stream the screen and steam vr instead of air link.
What you can try is:

1. Install “SteamVR” maybe run [beta].
  2. set everything up in “SteamVR”.
  3. when you are in the home screen start the game on your desktop.

I’m using SteamVR, the same happens without steamVR runninng

Hey, I’m still experiencing this error. This time I tried it in VR hands using a Link cable, and all I see is a black screen, while my PC is opening the game out of VR mode.

EDIT: None, that only worked once, and when I left the game to turn off recording via Oculus it completely stopped working, and all I can see is a black screen again. Changing impact to very high

I just found a pretty bad workaround.

You have to join the game, unplug your headset, click “Restart”, then plug your headset back in and it should work.

I still really want this to be fixed.

1 Like

There’s another workaround if you have the Windows Beta App

Join a game > Leave the game > Join another game

1 Like

This appears to be fixed, just joined a game in VR yesterday and I didn’t have any issues.

1 Like